Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213

Re: LOL.

Watching the Chiefs Chargers game.
    It's early in the 4th quarter and even with 5 turnovers the Chiefs are still in this game down by 2 touchdowns.
    The defense just forced 3 3 and outs in a row on the Chargers and the offense has the ball near midfield.
    And now the Chiefs turn the ball over for the 6th time on a fumble.
    Back breaker.

Actually, he was drafted the year after the next draft, in 2006. That game, in 2004, was just so frustrating to watch. The whole season was. It was the segue from 2003's playoff level to 2005's awful level. We were in so many games that we ended up losing. Worse, we basically handed Pitts starting QB gig to Pig Pen and after making him run for his life that day, he has probably made us regret it sometimes.

For those who think that NFL players always give 100% effort I found this interesting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-patriots/

“Couple of different players here and there. Different coordinator. Different mentality,” Bailey said. “But I think last year, it was pretty obvious we didn’t put our best effort in that last game. It was real disappointing to get that far and not put forth 100 percent. But it is what it is, it’s in the past, and this is a different year, different breed of guys going in there.”
    That's Champ Bailey saying that his teammates didn't give 100%. In a playoff game.
    But I'm sure KC is different.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    For those who think that NFL players always give 100% effort I found this interesting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-patriots/

That's Champ Bailey saying that his teammates didn't give 100%. In a playoff game.
    But I'm sure KC is different.
    Nice was that before or after the 40 point lead...?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Onto the Chiefs (Merged)

Pretty sure he was talking about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Pretty sure he was talking about the game.
    Right. So at what point did they stopping putting their best effort into it? Or did they just come out of the gates not giving it their all? The game got out of hand pretty quick (35-7 2nd quarter) so it would seem the players stopped giving it their all once the lead seemed insurmountable. However, Champ is making it seem like they started the game not giving it their all. Not buyin' it.
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 10-07-2012 at 01:47 AM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

These guys are human too.

Just as you or I going to work and just not feeling it now and then, football players have days where the motivation just isn't there.

Re: Onto the Chiefs (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Just as you or I going to work and just not feeling it now and then, football players have days where the motivation just isn't there.
    Which is why we need to come out fast today.
    Go up on them early and we can have this won by halftime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Watching the Chiefs Chargers game.
    It's early in the 4th quarter and even with 5 turnovers the Chiefs are still in this game down by 2 touchdowns.
    The defense just forced 3 3 and outs in a row on the Chargers and the offense has the ball near midfield.
    And now the Chiefs turn the ball over for the 6th time on a fumble.
    Back breaker.
    It's all those turnovers that have doomed the Chiefs so far this year. I sure hope the Ravens can force a couple... otherwise this could be a tight game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    otherwise this could be a tight game.
    I hope we get out to a fast start.
    The Chief's defense played pretty good the second half of that game.
    Was also surprised how well Lilja has done filling in at center.
    Saw they picked up Bryan Mattison but he didn't last much more than a week as they released him yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

As a professional athlete, if one of those days for you is a do or die playoff game, you have a chemical imbalance that needs to be addressed by a psychiatrist.

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: An early preview of the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Arrowhead's a tough place to play, even though we've won the last two times we've played there (incl ending that long not losing in December at home streak for KC).
    I remember that game. great Billick quote; 'No one has won in KC in December since Madonna was a virgin'. 2006

agree with the consensus, let's get on them early and watch their fans turn against them.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)