Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The Raven's defense will make anyone they put out there look like a future hall-of-famer. We were hearing the same things about Brandon Weedon before Thursday night's game.
    If future HOFers throw pick sixes to basically lose the game against us, I'll take that.

Blog Entries

Re: Onto the Chiefs (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    Whilst their defence is absymal, I was contradicting the claims that they would quit after going a couple of scores down, on the road. Clearly they didn't, and as bad as the Saint's D is, their offence still needed stopping.
    Point taken. I just think that the Saints game was an aberration. They don't have their head coach and their defense is indeed abysmal. I think that there are several teams that could come back under those circumstances. However, when you come up against a team like New England, the way Buffalo did for example, I don't think you'll come into the fourth quarter with the same mentality. At least, I think that of Kansas City. After thinking about it, they did quit the last time we played them and that was a playoff game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If future HOFers throw pick sixes to basically lose the game against us, I'll take that.
    :word Not sure how a 59 qb rating is looking like a future hof'er.

the chiefs are third in the whole league in yards per game on offense. if they don;t turn the ball over they are not 1-3. charles is fast and we just made weeden look good so cassell may have agood game as well.

there are no easy games.

Would love to see us get out to a quick lead , take the crowd out of the game and make them, abandon the run somewhat.
    A lot of fans had left by the 4th quarter of last week's game.

Poll at the Kansas Star has 80% voting for Quinn over Cassel.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/01...tt-cassel.html

Over at Chiefs Planet they've raised enough money in a day so they can fly a banner over the stadium in the morning before the game.
    Gonna say something like "WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510

Re: Onto the Chiefs (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    I'm glad you brought last years Colts up, because that's how bad the Chiefs are.

If they couldn't get up for a home game against a hated division rival, what makes you think they're going to get up for the Ravens?

4 weeks in is exactly when bad teams start mailing it in. Especially bad teams without an NFL QB on the roster.
    Don't underestimate the power of pride and playing with a "chip on one's shoulder". The chiefs could easily exploit our porous pass defense. All this talk about the Ravens winning big (which I hope they do) and the chiefs rolling over is a bit premature. Again, 4 games in I have seen nothing to suggest that the Chiefs have mailed it in. They are just not a good football team right now.The colts last year could have mailed it in and just go winless but they had enough pride to squeeze out two victories.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    the chiefs are third in the whole league in yards per game on offense. if they don;t turn the ball over they are not 1-3. charles is fast and we just made weeden look good so cassell may have agood game as well.

there are no easy games.
    A lot of their offense has come in what many like to call 'Garbage time'. They got blown out week 1 and struggled week 2. Week 3 was a good comeback, but they ended up getting blown out in week 4 anyway. That is impacting the statistics.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post

there are no easy games.
    Bad teams make bad plays.
    If Cleveland didn't constantly shoot itself in the foot they would be a good team. Greg Little is a very talented player, but he just can't hold on to the ball. Same with Dez.
    If Vick wasn't a turnover machine he would be a stud.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Re: An early preview of the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Some people act like every team we face is an unstoppable juggernaut.
    And some people act like Cleveland is a gimme blowout game each year....

Looking at KC drive charts in all 3 losses and they did pile up a lot of yards in garbage time with the one exception being the fast start they had against Atlanta in game 1. If the Ravens can start fast and put KC in a hole, KC will start to press and play right into our hands. We've got to start fast which is something we've done a better job with over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Looking at KC drive charts in all 3 losses and they did pile up a lot of yards in garbage time with the one exception being the fast start they had against Atlanta in game 1. If the Ravens can start fast and put KC in a hole, KC will start to press and play right into our hands. We've got to start fast which is something we've done a better job with over the last few years.
    This is key.
    Get up early, force Cassel to make plays and he will turn it over.
    As bad as we have been giving up yards at least we know we can take the ball away.

BTW this thread is just too funny.
    http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264499
    Last edited by goldenelite28; 10-02-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added link
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Over at Chiefs Planet they've raised enough money in a day so they can fly a banner over the stadium in the morning before the game.
    Gonna say something like "WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510

I didn't think I would ever see a fan base with less hope than the Browns, but those guys have them beat.

Reading through some of their threads makes me thankful that we have a 1st class ownership, front office and coaching staff that finds and develops quality players to put a competitive team on the field.