Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: An early preview of the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    The Chiefs are not a desperate team.
    The locker room apparently has had it with Matt Cassell and if they couldn't rise to the occasion to compete against a division for at home then why would they suddenly be inspired.

Cleveland was desperate to beat us because they lost 8 straight games to us and were staring 0-4 in the face. KC hates their QB and they know they have no chance to win the division. They don't even have that primetime disrespect card that Jax had last year.
    This. The Chiefs know that the best thing for the Chiefs long term is to be in a position to draft Matt Barkley, especially given the rest of the talent on that team. They finally got rid of Haley, now they can get rid of Cassell and move on with the rebuild.

They'll battle and Jamal Charles will get his yards, and probably break a long TD run at some point. Bowe will catch some balls, maybe even a TD. But this game will never be in question. They are closer to being the worst team in football than the Browns are, IMO.

Blog Entries

The Chiefs are not a desperate team.
    The locker room apparently has had it with Matt Cassell and if they couldn't rise to the occasion to compete against a division for at home then why would they suddenly be inspired.

Cleveland was desperate to beat us because they lost 8 straight games to us and were staring 0-4 in the face. KC hates their QB and they know they have no chance to win the division. They don't even have that primetime disrespect card that Jax had last year.
    That is a ridiculous statement. Even if the players don't like Cassel, they are still playing for a spot in this league even if it isn't on the Chiefs next season.

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    The Ravens aren't one to blow out their opponent. Look for a typical tight Raven game with us fighting off a comeback attempt at the end. As someone pointed out earlier, KC had 5 turnovers in the first half. I just don't see them repeating that type of effort. They are desperate to not go 1-4, and I am always leery of a desperate team. When the Ravens go on the road, the home team always treats it as their Super Bowl. I'm optimistic but cautiously optimistic.
    The Ravens won a lot of games by blowing teams out since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Not on the road.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Not on the road.
    That's also incredibly wrong, you are just thinking of last year which was a down year for us against lesser teams. He said since 2008, and when you look at it, we have been pretty damn good on the road and against shit teams. Btw last years road win vs the Browns was pretty much a blow out, maybe not so much on the score board, but we physically dominated them in all aspects of the game, and they never even looked close to coming close.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That is a ridiculous statement. Even if the players don't like Cassel, they are still playing for a spot in this league even if it isn't on the Chiefs next season.
    Ideally players should give 100% effort every game, but that simply isn't true.

Heck the only reason we are even discussing the possibility of an upset is because the Ravens rarely give 100% against inferior opponents. I'm sure the Chiefs will come out fired up and ready to play, but as soon as Cassel turns the ball over some of their players will lighten up.
    I watched every Rams game last season and believe me plenty of players gave up once they got behind. Which is probably the reason 50+% of that team isn't in the league anymore.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Chief's fanbase is already on the edge ready to jump off the cliff, we get up early and that home field becomes a dis-advantage. Cassel's first INC will likely result in mass riots at the stadium, they despise him.

Their defense wont be able to contain the 2nd ranked passing attack, and their best weapon in Charles will be taken out of game early. Maybe like a 34-21 final off the top of my head.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Chief's fanbase is already on the edge ready to jump off the cliff, we get up early and that home field becomes a dis-advantage. Cassel's first INC will likely result in mass riots at the stadium, they despise him.

Their defense wont be able to contain the 2nd ranked passing attack, and their best weapon in Charles will be taken out of game early. Maybe like a 34-21 final off the top of my head.
    That sounds like a realistic scenario to me, I picked this as a loss before the season, but after watching the Cheifs play so far this year, I just cannot justify picking them to beat us. I think they WILL score on us in desperation type plays for Cassell to keep his job, and maybe Charles having one or two of his usual explosive runs. But our offense will pull away in the second half after a dogfight in the first.

Blog Entries

Ideally players should give 100% effort every game, but that simply isn't true.

Heck the only reason we are even discussing the possibility of an upset is because the Ravens rarely give 100% against inferior opponents. I'm sure the Chiefs will come out fired up and ready to play, but as soon as Cassel turns the ball over some of their players will lighten up.
    I watched every Rams game last season and believe me plenty of players gave up once they got behind. Which is probably the reason 50+% of that team isn't in the league anymore.
    That's simply not true. They may play like crap against some inferior teams but I would never accuse them of not giving 100%. The results might not bear out maximum effort but that's not for lacking of trying.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    The Ravens road record under Harbaugh is 16-16. The only true blow out was last year in St. Louis. They beat Carolina in 2010 37-13, but that game was close until the fourth quarter.

Forgot about Philly this year. He is 16-17

LOL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...on-with-chiefs

Hope this happens next week :happyanim