Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: An early preview of the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    This. The Chiefs know that the best thing for the Chiefs long term is to be in a position to draft Matt Barkley, especially given the rest of the talent on that team. They finally got rid of Haley, now they can get rid of Cassell and move on with the rebuild.

They'll battle and Jamal Charles will get his yards, and probably break a long TD run at some point. Bowe will catch some balls, maybe even a TD. But this game will never be in question. They are closer to being the worst team in football than the Browns are, IMO.
    The suggestion that the Chiefs have mailed it in 4 weeks into the season is ridiculous. Your suggesting another "Suck for luck" sweepstakes. Come on. There's still a lot of season left. I expect to get the Chiefs "A" game or least a much better effort then we saw against SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    That's simply not true. They may play like crap against some inferior teams but I would never accuse them of not giving 100%. The results might not bear out maximum effort but that's not for lacking of trying.
    You may not think it, but when i see them sleepwalk through some games I can't help but think that they are not taking it seriously enough.

When we have played good teams we come out with something to prove. That same effort and energy was missing last year in a number of games.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    You may not think it, but when i see them sleepwalk through some games I can't help but think that they are not taking it seriously enough.

When we have played good teams we come out with something to prove. That same effort and energy was missing last year in a number of games.
    You know sometimes on any given Sunday it's not just about the best team winning but the better team winning. The ravens give 100% effort but might not get 100% execution so please don't suggest that every time the ravens lose it's because they don't give 100% effort.

Re: LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The Raven's defense will make anyone they put out there look like a future hall-of-famer. We were hearing the same things about Brandon Weedon before Thursday night's game.
    Someone had to say it.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Re: LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The Raven's defense will make anyone they put out there look like a future hall-of-famer. We were hearing the same things about Brandon Weedon before Thursday night's game.
    Ain't it the truth :(

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You know sometimes on any given Sunday it's not just about the best team winning but the better team winning. The ravens give 100% effort but might not get 100% execution so please don't suggest that every time the ravens lose it's because they don't give 100% effort.
    Not at all. Never suggested it.
    I've seen plenty of CBs spend whole games not attempting a tackle and then come out the next week and light people up.
    For example look at Antonio Cromartie. I think it was the playoff game against NY when he didn't even try to tackled the Greene. That was a playoff game and you had a key player not giving 100% effort.

I would never suggest that every player on the Ravens doesn't try their hardest, but there are some guys, like our starting LT last year, who do not go all out every game. Thats all.

So back to my original point. I do not think the Chiefs are going to throw the game. I do not think it is a guaranteed win.
    I do think that if we go up by 14 and Cassel has a turnover or two then many of the Chiefs players will be pissed off. I think they will be thinking "here we go again" and will therefore not do everything in their power to win. If Leach catches a pass after we are up by two or more scores I could see a CB not rush to make the tackle.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The suggestion that the Chiefs have mailed it in 4 weeks into the season is ridiculous. Your suggesting another "Suck for luck" sweepstakes. Come on. There's still a lot of season left. I expect to get the Chiefs "A" game or least a much better effort then we saw against SD.
    I'm glad you brought last years Colts up, because that's how bad the Chiefs are.

If they couldn't get up for a home game against a hated division rival, what makes you think they're going to get up for the Ravens?

4 weeks in is exactly when bad teams start mailing it in. Especially bad teams without an NFL QB on the roster.

Re: Onto the Chiefs (Merged)

I can't understand the people saying that if we go up by a couple of scores against the Chiefs, they will quit. Is this not the same Chiefs team that we getting hammered at the Saints and pulled it out the bag to win in overtime?

Now clearly the Saints this season aren't the team they were, but they still have Drew Brees, and to do that to his team in his own stadium takes a fair dose of guts and determination.

For what it's worth, Jamal Charles will give them every chance to beat us at Arrowhead...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    I can't understand the people saying that if we go up by a couple of scores against the Chiefs, they will quit. Is this not the same Chiefs team that we getting hammered at the Saints and pulled it out the bag to win in overtime?

Now clearly the Saints this season aren't the team they were, b
    This, in my opinion, is where your post should have ended. As much as our defense has shown that it needs to improve, there isn't a defense in the league as bad as New Orleans D.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    You can't get any lower than Brady Quinn wicked.

Cassel is bad, but Quinn might not start for the Sasquatchewan Roughriders at this point in his illustrious career.
    Well i suppose that depends on whether Charlie Weiss is the head coach. :-)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well i suppose that depends on whether Charlie Weiss is the head coach. :-)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Wouldn't it be messed that the one time Suggs gets another shot at Quinn, he is still out with an injury.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This, in my opinion, is where your post should have ended. As much as our defense has shown that it needs to improve, there isn't a defense in the league as bad as New Orleans D.
    Whilst their defence is absymal, I was contradicting the claims that they would quit after going a couple of scores down, on the road. Clearly they didn't, and as bad as the Saint's D is, their offence still needed stopping.