Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 24x7 vs Scout

24x7 vs Scout

Forgive me for this thread, but I feel this needs to be said.

I cant figure out why someone would pay for Ravens information when they get the same information here just as fast and just as reliable for free.

The mod's on this site typically are very good and I have seen no conflicts with them, unlike the other site. You can speak your mind/ difference of opinion without repercussions.

This site is growing and making things happen as evidenced by T.L.'s show.

Aaron's articles are posted and archived here.

Boller arguments are just as plentiful on this site.

But, for the life of me I can not figure out why his site is not as popular. I think we really need to take it upon ourselves, members of this board, and push word of mouth advertising.:usa:
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Re: 24x7 vs Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Forgive me for this thread, but I feel this needs to be said.

I cant figure out why someone would pay for Ravens information when they get the same information here just as fast and just as reliable for free.

The mod's on this site typically are very good and I have seen no conflicts with them, unlike the other site. You can speak your mind/ difference of opinion without repercussions.

This site is growing and making things happen as evidenced by T.L.'s show.

Aaron's articles are posted and archived here.

Boller arguments are just as plentiful on this site.

But, for the life of me I can not figure out why his site is not as popular. I think we really need to take it upon ourselves, members of this board, and push word of mouth advertising.:usa:
    That board has really gone down hill over the past year and a half. When the mods like Crowdog, and MistaT moved over to this board, you could see the difference. The place is just a mess now. It's a shame. That board used to be the best place to talk about the Baltimore Ravens with other Ravens fans.

I was very involved in the site for quite a while working with Steve. I love the guy, he is very dedicated. Aaron is the consummate football writer too.

My issues with the site are that they are really stretching it, making an artificial attempt to create value. The number of people that will pay a premium for 3 hour access to news that others don't have is very small. I probably would have signed up for a subscription when I stopped being a mod if it wasn't tied to the artificial value of Sports Illustrated (which I did not want), and the spirit of the site got so militaristic.

The day I had a post about an ESPN story on the Ravens site deleted because it conflicted with a premium article posted, and then my post asking why it got deleted was also deleted, again this artificial value, I was done with the site forever. People there can swear and be morally reprehensible to others on the site, and those posts are not deleted. Mine were. Never again.

Even the members have complained about the model - you used to see posts about not spreading the "premium" info, again an artificial attempt to create value. Anyone can see this is not a business model that works.

Many people have found ways to make a lot of money on the Internet by being the best source for information, and providing it for free, or having some true value that people will pay for. Would they have 10x as many subscribers if it was $20 a year, and some truly useful stuff was added? Discounts form the Ravens site on merchandise? Interviews with Ravens people like this site does? More chat rooms with Aaron, Ravens people, NFL people? IMHO many people would pay some, few will pay a lot. And when you shove it in the free users' face constantly, and delete posts, I don't think many think that is a site worth supporting financially.

I believe at one point Steve asked for donations because the site was going through rough times. I donated, it was right before I became a mod, again because Steve put out a plea for help. I would help out financially here if they needed it. Insiders needs to figure out how to treat their customers, and they will get loyalty in return.

I agree, Thanks for this great site tony

A Parker 51, a truly fine writing instrument in its day...in gift wrap.

A Crayola, in 'burnt orange'...with ten-dollar price tags on it.

I'll leave it to you to decide which is which.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

YBR has value because it has more people/posters. As for the articles its not something that I even care about. I'll read about the ravens anywhere where the article is free. The problem I have with that site is that it takes forever to load. my biggest pet peeve is that you cant see past posts when you hit reply. If and when they straighten that out I will be back there until then this is the best place to post only because it is easier and intuitive.

As for it being a the crayola forum that is laughable, because its the basically the same people who are on here and the same posts are written.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

As for it being a the crayola forum that is laughable, because its the basically the same people who are on here and the same posts are written.
    D-Ray........nough said

Dray is a great guy, its too bad he was given keys to a jalopy.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Dray is a great guy, its too bad he was given keys to a jalopy.
    Could not disagree more! He is a nazi
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    He has certainly turned into a guy who likes to wield and flaunt what little authority has been given to him over there, not unlike the kid who was the hall monitor in school.

I used to like going to the politics board on Scout, but it's horrible since he took over as mod.

Not to mention the new software Scout is using is completely useless.

24x7 is far and away the better site. Tony has done a great job here. It's just a shame more of the Scout posters haven't migrated over here yet.

I've haven't been around as much but I thought the other mod was far worse as far as whacking posts...birdfan--I think that the persons screen name--the one with the ostrich as an Avatar. But thats not to say that Mods have an easy job...I know they dont. anyway Most of Drays political views and football takes are right on if they are not, I still enjoy reading what he has to say, for the most part-- and thats what I really care about in the end.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I am not a fan of these "This site vs. them" as I participate in both. Mainly there for politics since this site sees no action there and this one for the Ravens discussion.

awalt's post deletions were a mistake, the publisher makes it a habit to delete links to other sites, or did. I personally advised that was a mistake and he seemed to agree.

I think there is a bit too much moderation on YBR but the effort is to keep that forum Ravens related and other stuff is promptly moved. It might be strict but it is done with the best intentions. Mistakes are sometimes made here as well.

The price for the content there is too high, the pricing system is idiotic. Browns fans pay the same as Ravens fans yet Ravens fans get no magazine. The one the Browns fans get isn't much but it is more. The Browns site has several reporters while the Ravens site has Aaron. There is no way those two sites should be the same price, but the idiots who run the system are set in their ways.

The real killer to those boards is the new software. They claim they couldn't use the EZBoard system or one like this due to the scope of all the boards but that is crapola. There is no reason the Ravens site needs to be so closely linked to a Sooners site that their boards could cause problems to each other. Fact is they saved a few pennies and you can see it. There is no search function, the quote system sucks, etc. Plus that idiotic system wide FUCKING language filter.

LOL, sorry, had to do it.