Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Byrne Identity.... always a great read!

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-ab2f1f043c2c

If you read Kevin Byrne's blog he gives some pretty neat insights on what takes place during the week.

I found this portion entertaining and in your face to the national reporters.... hope they made the trek to the other side of the stadium quickly and felt winded! :respect

Just a clip -
    "When our game-winning drive started with one minute, 55 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, NBC's Michele Tafoya, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio and other national reporters were huddled near the New England bench ready to interview the winning Patriots. The group didn't budge when Joe Flacco opened the drive with a 24-yard completion to Jacoby Jones. You could see a little movement from them when Joe hit Dennis Pitta for 17 yards to the New England 35 with 1:21 on the clock."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Byrne Identity.... always a great read!

RM--
    Kinda like the same feeling ya get when some asshole whizzes by on the Beltway at 95, barely missing sideswiping your car as they cut you off.....then you drive another mile or so down the road, and lo and behold --- JUSTICE!

The AH has been pulled over by LEO and is in cuffs!!!;)

Blog Entries

Reading that just made that win a little more sweater, pats can suck it!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    RM--
    Kinda like the same feeling ya get when some asshole whizzes by on the Beltway at 95, barely missing sideswiping your car as they cut you off.....then you drive another mile or so down the road, and lo and behold --- JUSTICE!

The AH has been pulled over by LEO and is in cuffs!!!;)
    HA yes BP! Sadly though the AH seems to swerve in and out of traffic only to never be seen by the authorities... at least Kevin Byrne gave a glimpse of how reporters were hustling to the WINNERS side!

Blog Entries

h
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-ab2f1f043c2c

If you read Kevin Byrne's blog he gives some pretty neat insights on what takes place during the week.

I found this portion entertaining and in your face to the national reporters.... hope they made the trek to the other side of the stadium quickly and felt winded! :respect

Just a clip -
    "When our game-winning drive started with one minute, 55 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, NBC's Michele Tafoya, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio and other national reporters were huddled near the New England bench ready to interview the winning Patriots. The group didn't budge when Joe Flacco opened the drive with a 24-yard completion to Jacoby Jones. You could see a little movement from them when Joe hit Dennis Pitta for 17 yards to the New England 35 with 1:21 on the clock."
    I wouldn't miss "The Byrne Identity" for the world. Every week he writes something of interest. The situation you quoted with the reporters also happened last year when Joe led the final comeback drive in Pittsburgh, and Torrey caught the winning TD. Kevin described a very similar situation, where the reporters were camped out near to the Steelers' bench and then had to sprint around behind the endzone to get over to the Ravens' side so they could do the interviews. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    h

I wouldn't miss "The Byrne Identity" for the world. Every week he writes something of interest. The situation you quoted with the reporters also happened last year when Joe led the final comeback drive in Pittsburgh, and Torrey caught the winning TD. Kevin described a very similar situation, where the reporters were camped out near to the Steelers' bench and then had to sprint around behind the endzone to get over to the Ravens' side so they could do the interviews. Great stuff.

Another great blog today! Like you RockyMRaven I look forward to this each and every week!!

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...6-f31e01f225d9

Andjust how have we won eight of our first 10 – and, if we win in San Diego, we will match the best start (2006) in Ravens history? Some reporters and fans point to our offensive and defensive standing in the league and proclaim: "The Ravens aren't as good as their record."

Huh?

We rank 21st in offense and 25th in defense among the 32 teams. That doesn't look very good, and those aren't numbers we're bragging about. Butwhat's the most important stat there is? Simple answer: points. Well, we're averaging the NFL’s seventh most points, while allowing the ninth fewest. Not too shabby.

How about red zone numbers? On offense, we're the seventh-best team in scoring proficiency (i.e. scoring the most touchdowns when we get inside the 20-yard line). Defensively, we're the best team in the NFL at keeping teams out of the end zone once they get into the red zone. And, here's another huge stat: We're second in turnover differential with a 12 mark.

Anyone else participate in his life Q&A web chat? I happened to be on twitter at the time and the Ravens twitter account posted a link. He answered a few of my questions. Seems like a really nice guy.

R-Madness--
    Thanks for the "update". However, I gotta respectfully disagree with M. Byrne's comment, "But what's the most important stat there is? Simple answer: points."

No question, points ARE a significant metric. However, I'm gonna go with "Wins and Losses" as THE key element! ;) According to NFL.com, as of today, the Ravens are (winning %age) 3rd in the NFL, 2nd in the AFC, and perhaps most importantly, 1st in the AFCN!!!:ww:

All that bit of silliness aside, Byrne's points are well-taken. OTOH, I recall a time, oh, about 12 or so years ago, when our team was only 16th on offense, we hadn't beaten anybody during the regular season that really counted, we didn't beat anybody in the playoffs who were any good, the SB opponent Giants had MAULED the Vikes 41-0 in the NFC title game, etc., etc.

Damn shame how THAT season turned out!!!:happyanim

Fans in the end zone might want to pay attention to this sort of thing the next time Joe finds himself in this position. Shouted encouragement to the reporters might provide a much-needed break in the tension.

BS

Latest article:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...a-f9c03e74c0d8

Byrne is awesome!

Ear-regardless of ESPN's pronouncement, I think Byrne makes a great, and quantified, case for the Vault as the "Best Home Stadium Advantage in the NFL".

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...5-c369e264531e

The Redskins are 6-6 and playing with confidence. We are 9-3, and – well, there are some who think we’ve lost our confidence.
    That’s what losing that game last Sunday did.
    But, let me remind you what the great Bill Parcells said over and over again: YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE. PERIOD.