Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Paul Kruger's Personal Foul Penalty

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    As long as the whistle hasn't blown, I have no problems with OL continuing to block/push.
    The biggest league of prima donnas and drama queens of them all (the NBA) just cracked down on flopping, why can't the NFL try to make more of an effort to crack down of these guys who go out of their way to draw penalties? The point of these penalties is to make the game safer, but if people are going out of their way to put themselves in harm's way, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

You know if our putrid defense didn't need him so bad, I'd fully support benching his ass. That was just STUPID..totally mindbogglingly stupid.

If it were any other team with a competent quarterback, his dumb ass just cost us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

One way is for the NFL to levy fines for the FLOP.. If they can fine players for hits that are not flagged. They sure as hell can levy a fine for someone FLOPPING. Greedell will be happy for that. $$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    One way is for the NFL to levy fines for the FLOP.. If they can fine players for hits that are not flagged. They sure as hell can levy a fine for someone FLOPPING. Greedell will be happy for that. $$$$$$
    Fines go to charity, not back to the league.

5. Re: Paul Kruger's Personal Foul Penalty

Kruger at least kind of made up for it on the very next play. He put a lot of pressure on Weeden and helped force the final incomplete pass. I thought he played pretty well even with the boneheaded penalty at the end.

Didn't know what caused the flag last night. We didn't get a replay. Saw the clip this morning on ESPN. Guy fell back like he was shot. That needs a come on man. Same thing happened with a Bengals player a coulpe of seasons ago. Ravens player nudged him and fell back like he was hit by a truck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Guy fell back like he was shot.
    And threw his right arm up in the air palm out like a grade schooler trying to get the teacher's attention to go to the bathroom NOW! It is unsportsmanlike conduct at the very least and needs to be clipped..... I think the door opened more for it with the replacements, but if the regulars don't sting someone for it we will see it again and again.

More bothersome to me was Oher's meltdown and Leach doing heroic work to stop a flag/ejection there

This says we have a discipline/control flaw starting to rear its head.
    Not just on the defensive side.
    Under the lingerie refs we saw a ton of scrapping, pushing and shoving....
    I don't think we have fully reset our pressure gauges yet

I Saw Jeff Fisher do it for his team after Jackson drew 15 yds for spiking the ball short of the goalline in the first half. Fisher sat him the rest of the game.
    Cortland Finnegan drew a 15ydr that game by having the ball thrown at him.

If we don't get something under more control we are going to lose a Darren Stone Game or have someone throw a yellow flag up into the stands...
    All we have to do is start getting a reputation that we can be gotten to and it will be non-stop.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

What the officials really need to do is see what happened not react when a player falls over. Seen it too many times.

i didnt think the refs were any better than the replacement officials to be honest, both stink. Horrible call on Oher and the Kruger flag was a no call, especially that time in the game when you havent called any of those before in the game. The UR call on Pollard was total BS, it was shoulder to shoulder hit that sent him to turf for a great tackle, what do you expect the guy to do?

Quote Originally Posted by 2gigch1 View Post
    Theater is Oscars. TV is Emmies. The folks in the bar I was in last night suggested it was like watching soccer.
    Oscars are for film, Tony awards are for theater.
    If life hands you a lemon... throw it at somebody!!

Blog Entries

Man, I stayed up too late for him to pull that shit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore