Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Paul Kruger's Personal Foul Penalty

So I was wondering about this penalty at the end of the game...

The 4th down play with 10 seconds left last night, Weeden throws, and the pass is incomplete. The play went from snap to dead with no penalty. That's a turnover on downs. Then the personal foul took place after the play was dead. Why should this negate the play that just legitimately took place and give them a new first down? Why shouldn't that penalty yardage be assessed against the Ravens after they takeover on downs? Seems like a completely broken rule, to me.

Re: Paul Kruger's Personal Foul Penalty

Because it appeared to happen while the ball was in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Because it appeared to happen while the ball was in the air.
    Did it? I guess now that you mention it I never did see a shot that included the ball and Kruger's penalty in the same frame. I suppose that makes a little more sense, but I still have to say that penalties like that effect the outcome of the game, when they shouldn't. Penalties that are, what I would call "administrative" and "sportsmanship" penalties should never have that kind of an outcome on a game. I always hated how penalties like roughing the passer can make what would have been a turnover into a new first down. It's a bit ridiculous, isn't it? I mean, those plays should be punished, I definitely understand that, but they shouldn't have that strong of an impact on the game. The team legitimately makes a successful football play that the penalty had no impact on, and that play should stand regardless of the administrative/sportsmanship blunder of a player on the field.

Blog Entries

Somebody needs to Slap Kruger for doing such stupidness.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Stupid on Kruger's part, but that was a cheap, cheap flag. Can't throw that flag there.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Somebody needs to Slap Kruger for doing such stupidness.
    And after that, give the Olineman an Oscar for the acting job. That was a call worthy of a replacement official at that point in the game.

Kruger was a dumbass but his explanation afterwords was pretty spot on.

Something to the effect of, "I wish I was that strong, I would have been doing that the whole game if I could."

Blog Entries

After the NE game with Mankins drawing retaliation from not one but TWO guys, and then Kruger's penalty last night, Harbaugh needs to spend some time coaching "DO NOT RETALIATE" with these guys.

Or at least how to hide retaliation. I mean, giving a big shove like that after the play, it's pretty clear it'll get called. Do some trash talking and just WALK AWAY!!!!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Stupid on Kruger's part, but that was a cheap, cheap flag. Can't throw that flag there.
    Apparently they can. Kruger needs to stop and think

It was definitely after the play. If the ball was in the air, it wouldn't have been a penalty.

That said, I think because the Browns O and Ravens D were both still on the field, it gave the Browns the 1st down. Don't like it, but I'm sure that is why.

It reminded me of last week, when the Pats' LB leaned into the neutral zone, then Yanda waited a second and then hopped out of his stance and pointed.

Terrible acting. It paid off for the Browns last night, not the Ravens last week.

No big deal. Apparently acting is part of the game, and the Ravens aren't very good at it.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

We did have a good one last night by Harewood jumping with a neutral zone infraction. MUCH better reaction.

If you watch the replay, it's about 4 seconds after Weeden throws it. Thomas was still blocking Kruger, but releases when he sees the ball in the air. Kruger turns around, stares at him for 1 second, then gives him a shoulder shove.

If you watch the replay where they follow the ball through the air, the ball gets batted down between 4-5 seconds after the throw. That makes it during the play, but away from the action.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!