Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ludicrous Torrey Smith Stat

Torrey's still has noticeable room for growth too, which is pretty damn exciting.

His slant routes are pretty horrible lol. He leans into them like there's a big ass magnet between the hash marks. A good slant move sets up a good post, post-corner, and will be a heavy factor in helping him beat jams or tight man coverage. It will also help him pile up the YAC. If ever he gets his feet and timing together, he will rocket into the top 5 not only stat-wise, but also skill-wise...which for him will be a big deal, just ask Mike Wallace.

And Torrey won't turn 24 until close to the AFCCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This. Torrey doesn't get those stats without Flacco.

It works both ways, my man. And you have to account for Jones being a threat, and Pitta drawing bracket coverage in the middle, and the timing of play-action play calling. It's all related.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Heard a stat this morning that Flacco has more 25+ yard completions through four games than he had all last year.
    And how many of them have been of the "dump off to someone in the flat with no defender nearer than 20 yards" variety? Damn few. Joe's really been in bombs-away mode this year.

4. Re: Ludicrous Torrey Smith Stat

Torrey's been impressive. Really impressive. I never thought he'd be this good when we drafted him. He definitely can get better too, we just have to hope that we can scheme ways to keep getting him and Q the ball as defenses adjust.

How about Tandon Doss' catch last night too? We also haven't seen much of Thompson or LaQuan and I think they have a lot of ability too. Ed Dickson is another weapon. This offense is stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    And how many of them have been of the "dump off to someone in the flat with no defender nearer than 20 yards" variety? Damn few. Joe's really been in bombs-away mode this year.
    When I heard that or read that stat, I can't remember which, I took it to be where the ball travelled 25 yards in the air.

When attributed to the QB, it should be "in the air"

From my G3
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Easily the best in-house WR that we've produced so far (historically, we've had to sign or trade for decent WR's).