Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few things.

A few things.

Passing yard statistic is extremely deceiving. Yes, Weeden threw for 320, but his completion percentage was below 50 percent. And I don't care what anyone says.. Flacco did not look as good as 356 passing yards would imply he did. Without Cary Williams, we lose this game. It would have been tied at 16 and the Browns would have nailed the game winner. I don't know if this one is just me, but Ray Rice seems to be going down on his own without taking contact and fighting for extra yards. I know this one is stated in other threads, but Michael Oher SUCKS. It needs to be repeated. But, I'll go to bed happy with a win, and 3-1 a quarter of the way through.

Re: A few things.

Browns rushing against us

Net Yards Rushing 43
    Total Rushing Plays 17
    Average Gain per Rushing Play 2.5
    Tackled for a Loss (Number-Yards) 3--5

Last week
    N.E.
    Net Yards Rushing 77
    Total Rushing Plays 34
    Average Gain per Rushing Play 2.3
    Tackled for a Loss (Number-Yards) 4--22

Quote Originally Posted by ravennation123 View Post
    And I don't care what anyone says.. Flacco did not look as good as 356 passing yards would imply he did.
    You're alone on this one. With constant pressure and ill-timed penalties by the OL, Flacco made some incredible throws tonight and moved the ball. I don't know how you are able to make this point.

I don't know if this one is just me, but Ray Rice seems to be going down on his own without taking contact and fighting for extra yards.
    I think it is just you. The Browns were ready for the run. That's what happened. That's why Flacco was 354 yards with 2 scores.

Gotta disagree with the OP about Flacco. He was making some extremely incredible throws into tight spaces. Other than the INT, he was pretty amazing tonight, and carried the team.

If Williams didn't make that pick, I think we'd have seen a different plan of attack from the offense. I wouldn't say they got overly conservative, but they probably would have attacked downfield more rather than trying to eat clock with extended drives.

BTW, what is lost on the one touchdown to Torrey Smith was a 5 yard false start, and then a 4 yard loss on a pass to Rice to make it 2nd and 18. And that throw to Smith in the endzone was between defenders.

Flacco was every bit as good as his passing stats tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    BTW, what is lost on the one touchdown to Torrey Smith was a 5 yard false start, and then a 4 yard loss on a pass to Rice to make it 2nd and 18. And that throw to Smith in the endzone was between defenders.

Flacco was every bit as good as his passing stats tonight.
    I thought he was really good as well. To adjust to the Browns rolling safety coverage to Torrey Smith by going and hitting Anquan in the 2nd quarter was great. I think it shows the WR core is actually a strength this year. If teams want to double Torrey, Quan will have a big day. If teams want to stack the box, Joe has shown, more often than not, he can check out and hit a pass.

BTW... Bernard Pierce had a pretty good game last night.

Blog Entries

Them boys was tired last night, don't care how you slice it, to play that many games in that span of time is ruff. I think on NFL network they said they only other time that has happened in at any time at all was back in the 50's i believe? Not entirely sure. Didn't matter who we were playing I'm glad we got the W under those circumstances. Also teams that play Sunday then turn around and play Thursday never win those games only one other team has done that. It was ripe situation for an upset but them boys dug in and got it..the defense still needs work, I'm not confident in Pees at all.

Blog Entries

To me, Flacco's quarter season can be summed up pretty well in these last two games...

Against NE, he struggled early. Then he really pulled himself together and found the spots with a key receiver to get us in the game.
    Against Cleveland, he had an early boneheaded pick. Then he and Boldin got rolling and he displayed the ability to move the ball (most times) with audibles and checkdowns.

Biggest thing in these last two games is OL turning to crap. Oher is struggling, Harewood is starting to struggle, KO had some mistakes last night too
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    BTW... Bernard Pierce had a pretty good game last night.
    That was a bright spot for sure. He's looking like he could be a good role player

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    To me, Flacco's quarter season can be summed up pretty well in these last two games...

Against NE, he struggled early. Then he really pulled himself together and found the spots with a key receiver to get us in the game.
    Against Cleveland, he had an early boneheaded pick. Then he and Boldin got rolling and he displayed the ability to move the ball (most times) with audibles and checkdowns.

Biggest thing in these last two games is OL turning to crap. Oher is struggling, Harewood is starting to struggle, KO had some mistakes last night too
    I thought the OL did rather well against NE.

Blog Entries

I think Oher and Harewood started struggling in NE, kept struggling last night.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!