Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few things.

Re: A few things.

Quote Originally Posted by ravennation123 View Post
    Passing yard statistic is extremely deceiving. Yes, Weeden threw for 320, but his completion percentage was below 50 percent. And I don't care what anyone says.. Flacco did not look as good as 356 passing yards would imply he did. Without Cary Williams, we lose this game. It would have been tied at 16 and the Browns would have nailed the game winner. I don't know if this one is just me, but Ray Rice seems to be going down on his own without taking contact and fighting for extra yards. I know this one is stated in other threads, but Michael Oher SUCKS. It needs to be repeated. But, I'll go to bed happy with a win, and 3-1 a quarter of the way through.
    Way of the mark with the "Flacco didn't look good" comment. He made some big time throws and there were a handful of throws he made before his receiver he came out of their breaks. To me that's a maturation of an up and coming Elite QB. Flacco and his receivers are developing that chemistry and it's only going to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by ravennation123 View Post
    Passing yard statistic is extremely deceiving. Yes, Weeden threw for 320, but his completion percentage was below 50 percent. And I don't care what anyone says.. Flacco did not look as good as 356 passing yards would imply he did. Without Cary Williams, we lose this game. It would have been tied at 16 and the Browns would have nailed the game winner. I don't know if this one is just me, but Ray Rice seems to be going down on his own without taking contact and fighting for extra yards. I know this one is stated in other threads, but Michael Oher SUCKS. It needs to be repeated. But, I'll go to bed happy with a win, and 3-1 a quarter of the way through.
    I would say that Flacco looked better than his 356 yards passing. Most of those yards were throws fit into very very tight windows behind an Oline that was awful. He had little time and receivers that were not getting separation. There was also little to no running game until Pierce busted a few long ones late.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by perryw9202
    BTW... Bernard Pierce had a pretty good game last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That was a bright spot for sure. He's looking like he could be a good role player
    It looks like Ozzie made a good 3rd round choice (trading up as I remember it).
    Pierce seems like he can hold down the #2 RB position, and then some... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I would say that Flacco looked better than his 356 yards passing. Most of those yards were throws fit into very very tight windows behind an Oline that was awful. He had little time and receivers that were not getting separation. There was also little to no running game until Pierce busted a few long ones late.
    Some of those throws to Boldin where Q was completely covered but the ball was where only he could get it were things of beauty. The pass to Tanden Doss was another one where it was just right there.

The touchdown to Smith was crazy good. Threw the ball right as Torrey make his cut inside and squeezed between two defenders that had no chance a the ball.

He played better than the score, no doubt.