Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco on pace for 5k yards, Torrey 1300 12TD

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonRaven View Post
    Lol it's been 4 weeks two of which including cincy and Cleveland. I am all.aboard team Flacco but why is this even a thread. This I'd just homerish by all means.
    And again, you look at those two teams and just throw them off because of their reputation. Last time I checked, the Browns and the Bengals had some pretty good defenses last year, and both look solid this year, not special but solid. The Bengals look like a potential play off team again this year, and we beat the Patriots, I don't see what your problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    And again, you look at those two teams and just throw them off because of their reputation. Last time I checked, the Browns and the Bengals had some pretty good defenses last year, and both look solid this year, not special but solid. The Bengals look like a potential play off team again this year, and we beat the Patriots, I don't see what your problem is.
    The Bengals are ranked 31st in points and 29th yards. They can't stop the run or pass so far this season. Their defense is struggling worse than ours. It's kind of crazy how our division has not looked anything like our division and this happened within one offseason. But I agree beating them and the Pats is nothing to sneeze at.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    The Bengals are ranked 31st in points and 29th yards. They can't stop the run or pass so far this season. Their defense is struggling worse than ours. It's kind of crazy how our division has not looked anything like our division and this happened within one offseason. But I agree beating them and the Pats is nothing to sneeze at.
    Well how much of their rankings being so bad has to do with 1/3 of the games they've played, been against a damn chainsaw of an offensive attack in Baltimore?

Sign Torrey to a 6 year contract right now while he's reasonably priced. By the time his rookie contract is up, he'll be one of the top 5 most expensive receivers in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Sign Torrey to a 6 year contract right now while he's reasonably priced. By the time his rookie contract is up, he'll be one of the top 5 most expensive receivers in the NFL.
    As I was typing this post last night that idea crossed my mind. But the Ravens have never signed a key player with 2 years left on deal that I can remember.

2012: Joe on passes >= 20 yards in the air:

13 for 33 / 39.3% / 409 yards / 4 TDs / 126.1 rating

I'll update his cotemporaries on Tues, but here are the 2011 % comp and ratings for passes >=20 yards...

Brees: 51% comp / 107.3 rating
    Brady: 31.5% comp / 87.7 rating
    Rodgers: 50% comp / 129.1 rating

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    They have the personnel and potential to resemble the "Greatest Show on Turf."
    BUT do we have a Mike Martz on the coaching staff? ... Bc

8. Re: Flacco on pace for 5k yards, Torrey 1300 12TD

Also, in the last three games we've been pretty inconsistent yet we've still put up good numbers. If they can become consistent throughout the game, adding points throughout the game and finishing drives, this offense will be an elite one for a while. Still young overall too.

In terms of Flacco's contract, I feel that he would be getting big money either here or elsewhere based on his record and durability ($15-17 mil per year is my guess). IMO, I don't think that him putting up huge numbers will help the value of the contract that much (maybe $1 or $2 more per year, or more signing bonus money) but I think that him becoming the man of the offense and putting up the stats will speed up the contract and put Ozzie's and the fan bases mind more of at ease when we give him the big bucks. If he were putting up Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady/Drew Brees numbers and still winning games, his $15-20 mil per year contract extension would have been finished a long time ago.

Flacco and the team are just at such a Mexican stand-off because Flacco wants to be paid based off his record and the fact that every successful team locks up QB's with success and the fact that the Ravens want to pay him based off of his stats.

Flacco isn't going to take anything lower than the franchise tag.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    This would be nice but IIRC with the new CBA you can't sign a new contract before 4 years are done of the rookie contract.