Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Whole lotta STUPID.

Going with a theme here.

This game should not have been close, but it was, for a few reasons, but a couple of things were controllable.

1. Joe Flacco, what the hell were you thinking throwing that pick in the EZ?

2. Michael Oher, I swear to god, you are the dumbest human alive. You probably could have been called for 10 false starts, 6 holds, several of which occured away from the play or after the runner went by(oh yeah, you DID get one of those!), and nearly punched a ref. IDIOT.

3. Anthony Allen, are you a freaking moron? Hitting the dude after he has signaled a fair catch? IDIOT. Way to cost your team for no reason.

4. Paul Kruger!!! Bonehead of the Year goes to you my man. I'm sorry, that was easily the dumbest thing I have ever seen since Leon Lett roamed the field.

5. Dean Pees. You need to get it together, and soon. This isn't a personel issue, this is a scheme issue.

Re: Whole lotta STUPID.

I disagree on Pees. I really think it's personnel. We have no proven pass rusher. Haloti Ngata is our best pass rusher. You will not be very good at rushing the passer that way.

We need Sizzle badly.

Pees mixed man blitzes with fire zones with coverages with line stunts and we still couldn't get to Weeden. Sometimes it's about Janes and Joes not X's and O's and this is one of those times.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Going with a theme here.

This isn't a personel issue, this is a scheme issue.
    It's both..schemes don't make sense.. but the players up front just aren't making plays. Upshaw has no moves.. neither does Kruger.. and they are our edge rushers for the rest of the season?

Ozzie has struck out with finding serviceable pass rushers over the last few drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    It's both..schemes don't make sense.. but the players up front just aren't making plays. Upshaw has no moves.. neither does Kruger.. and they are our edge rushers for the rest of the season?

Ozzie has struck out with finding serviceable pass rushers over the last few drafts.
    The Ravens are rarely disguising their pass rush. That is why even when the bring 5, the ball is getting out. The other issue is guys being way out of position at times allowing huge plays to the TE's underneath. It's fixable, to a degree. We do need Suggs back, that will solve some of it.

Going with a theme here.

This game should not have been close, but it was, for a few reasons, but a couple of things were controllable.

1. Joe Flacco, what the hell were you thinking throwing that pick in the EZ?

2. Michael Oher, I swear to god, you are the dumbest human alive. You probably could have been called for 10 false starts, 6 holds, several of which occured away from the play or after the runner went by(oh yeah, you DID get one of those!), and nearly punched a ref. IDIOT.

3. Anthony Allen, are you a freaking moron? Hitting the dude after he has signaled a fair catch? IDIOT. Way to cost your team for no reason.

4. Paul Kruger!!! Bonehead of the Year goes to you my man. I'm sorry, that was easily the dumbest thing I have ever seen since Leon Lett roamed the field.

5. Dean Pees. You need to get it together, and soon. This isn't a personel issue, this is a scheme issue.

Is this post for real?

Blog Entries
    That throw was weird. I actually think he could have had it had he put more loft under it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The Ravens are rarely disguising their pass rush. That is why even when the bring 5, the ball is getting out. The other issue is guys being way out of position at times allowing huge plays to the TE's underneath. It's fixable, to a degree. We do need Suggs back, that will solve some of it.
    I still think it comes back to discipline to continue the theme of the thread. If I know who is coming on the blitz and I am sitting in my living room, there is no way that NFL QB's and OL, don't know. Pees needs to do a better job at disguising his intents but the players need to stop falling for the hard counts.

Walk up to the line yell hut and they give the blitz away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That throw was weird. I actually think he could have had it had he put more loft under it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Exactly what I was thinking. Put it on the back pileon and it could be a TD at the least, incomplete.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

The defense is a serious concern, Kruger can't even beat a rookie RT on one on one match ups, he should have been eating his lunch, Upshaw I've said it before he tip toes to the LOS and has no initial moves or quickness, Mcphee is only one i see that has a quick twitch but he gets doubled quiet a bit. FO has tried through the draft, its obvious they failed, they were banking on one of these guys in Kruger, Kindle, Mchpee, Jones to maybe be that opposite of Suggs so far its not happening. Even when we send the blitz we still can't win those match ups, our LBs outside of Ray are nothing special. Weeden look like old peyton out there tonight and if little held on to that ball we would be in OT right now. Pees is not doing a very good job scheming either, he is Mattison 2.0 with his vanilla blitzing, you attack their weakness tue right side of that line is where its at you go after it all day. Our personel paired our DC is just pretty awful.

Whole lotta stupid is the people who think winning 3 out of 4 games in the NFL in 17 days is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. Put it on the back pileon and it could be a TD at the least, incomplete.
    IMO he never saw the LBer peel around back to cover the WR there, hence the throw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    True; though I think Cleveland saw that play on tape and -- for lack of a better term -- had that linebacker run the defensive equivalent of a wheel route. I mean really, when has anyone seen a LB flare out and up like that on a red zone pass? They knew that play was coming and designed a perfect coverage for it. If anyone proves to me that was a standard coverage I'll eat my hat. I have never seen a LB do that in my entire life. Flacco probably shit his pants when he realized what happened. That guy is not supposed to be there period. Well done by the Browns.