Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Blog Entries

Re: Whole lotta STUPID.

After 8 years of supporting this team, I'm happy to say that I'm finally at the point that I don't care HOW they win, just as long as they do. It can be sloppy, they can look lost all game, just as long as they find a way win!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    After 8 years of supporting this team, I'm happy to say that I'm finally at the point that I don't care HOW they win, just as long as they do. It can be sloppy, they can look lost all game, just as long as they find a way win!
    Roger that.

Any day we can get into a nitpicking contest over a win is a good day indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Don't want to get into nit-picking, but IMO it's a ball that never should have been thrown. There's no excuse for it, as you're making, and I think Flacco would love to have that one back. Bad choice by Joe, INT, all QBs make them, let's move on and not make excuses for one bad play... Bc
    Apparently forum posters are the only ones who think it was a bad choice because I haven't seen much else about it in the major media; except how good Joe was yesterday.

I'm standing behind my call. It wasn't a poor choice, it was a good defensive play by the Browns. Flacco had been throwing to covered receivers all game long with success (see Anquan Boldin). Yes, he could have lofted the ball a little more. But that may not have mattered as the LB broke toward the corner.

Try to remember that they're still an NFL team. They have players and coaches who have jobs to do, and the teams are a lot more even than it may look. When the game starts, everything that the teams have done goes out the window, and it's all about who puts up the most amount of points. Be grateful for every win you get and don't take them for granted. Don't expect that you mail it in against the bottom feeders and prove who you are against the elite. The elite take care of business against the mediocre teams before they can worry about knocking off the top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Don't want to get into nit-picking, but IMO it's a ball that never should have been thrown. There's no excuse for it, as you're making, and I think Flacco would love to have that one back. Bad choice by Joe, INT, all QBs make them, let's move on and not make excuses for one bad play... Bc
    Of course AFTER THE FACT, you can say he'd "love to have it back", and it shouldn't have been thrown [had he seen the coverage]. The whole point was that WASN'T the coverage that he saw, and if it was just against the DB, it would have been a good play. He missed the "look", and the dude made an incredible break on the ball- it's not like he just made a stupid play and tried to force it in.

Did you happen to see how Joe threaded the needle ALL FREAKIN day to Boldin (when most would say he wasn't even open). He is good at making tight throws, and he does it regularly- He didn't see the other guy dropping into coverage- it wasn't just a dumb pass that shouldn't have been thrown as many people want to proclaim. These aren't excuses- they're facts of how it played out, and what the QB saw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    Of course AFTER THE FACT, you can say he'd "love to have it back", and it shouldn't have been thrown [had he seen the coverage]. The whole point was that WASN'T the coverage that he saw, and if it was just against the DB, it would have been a good play. He missed the "look", and the dude made an incredible break on the ball- it's not like he just made a stupid play and tried to force it in.

Did you happen to see how Joe threaded the needle ALL FREAKIN day to Boldin (when most would say he wasn't even open). He is good at making tight throws, and he does it regularly- He didn't see the other guy dropping into coverage- it wasn't just a dumb pass that shouldn't have been thrown as many people want to proclaim. These aren't excuses- they're facts of how it played out, and what the QB saw.
    Man, cool down. I'm not knocking Joe at all. The subject I replied to was just that particular throw (INT). I love Joe's productivity, and his future with the Ravens. We were only talking about that play. Every QB makes a bad throw now and then, and IMO Joe made one there. I'm not throwing him under the bus, so don't throw me there too... Bc