Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3-1

Re: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned the botched extra point and the missed 47 yarder. Are we chalking this up to bad weather? Could be cause for concern, our supposedly money kicker might not be as money as we thought...

We had issues in every facet of the game and special teams was no exception. On the missed FG, I'm not concerned at all. It was his first miss so I'll give Tucker a pass there however the missed PAT and the 40 yard punt return by the Browns late in the game is a cause for concern but appear correctable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned the botched extra point and the missed 47 yarder. Are we chalking this up to bad weather? Could be cause for concern, our supposedly money kicker might not be as money as we thought...
    The extra point was on the holder, did you not see the play? Tucker never got to even try the kick.

The missed FG was probably weather related. It was literally raining Browns and Ravens(to quote Nessler) when he attempted that. I don't know how he could even see the uprights.

Blog Entries

That's fine but the Bills were 3-1 after 4 games last year and then won just 3 more games the rest of the season. We're not the Bills and that's not going to happen but I'm not going to crow because we won 3 homes games. This team is going to be judged based on whether they can get further they did last year. Are they Coughlin's Giants or Reid's Eagles?
    He Who Dares.....Wins

I'm going to be REAL HAPPY if they are 5W -2L at the bye (after 7 games) IF they can get Suggs back in week 9 (for game 8).

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    When we lost to Philly people said it was a non div win but those losses in Seattle
    and JAX cost us the home field advantage vs NE and a SB appearance.
    Don't know quite how you compare Jax of 2011 to the Eagles of 2012. They are a good team with a ton of talent all over the field who ran into a steamroller defense on the west coast in AZ last week. If that's the Ravens worst loss of the year, they'll be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    Yeah.. Mayock's right I think.. but wow.. after following this team since they arrived, who would have thought THAT would be a generally held belief?
    Well the Ravens have had a prolific offense before. It was the early days with Vinny, Michael Jackson, and Derrick Alexander. Back before the Ravens became synonymous with Defense. As a matter of fact, this current Ravens team might be more similar to the '96 team if the Defense doesn't improve.

During the game, I think NFL Network flashed some factoid on TV to the effect that the last time the Ravens has an offense ranked this high WAS back on '96. Or something like that.

But if they can put together a Mid to High ranked Defense to go along with this Offense, the Ravens will be unstoppable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Well the Ravens have had a prolific offense before. It was the early days with Vinny, Michael Jackson, and Derrick Alexander. Back before the Ravens became synonymous with Defense. As a matter of fact, this current Ravens team might be more similar to the '96 team if the Defense doesn't improve.

During the game, I think NFL Network flashed some factoid on TV to the effect that the last time the Ravens has an offense ranked this high WAS back on '96. Or something like that.

But if they can put together a Mid to High ranked Defense to go along with this Offense, the Ravens will be unstoppable.
    It better not have the win-loss record of the 96 or 97 teams. They put up a lot of points but not a lot of wins.
    He Who Dares.....Wins