Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Anyone still want to call Oher a good left tackle?

he is hot garbage. at some point, you have to realize he is what he is. nothing is wrong with that. its okay to have him play right tackle. stop trying to put a square peg into a round hole.

Re: Anyone still want to call Oher a good left tackle?

during the preseason when i heard he was going to be the left tackle i thought, joe is going to get hurt. this still concerns me. the penalties and the yelling with the refs is a sign of inmaturity as well.

Blog Entries

We need a LT ASAP, hopefully next year. It's no hiding it... Oher sucks.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Watch out or I'll get Lee Anne. I know her. Oher is my favorite player.

Blog Entries

We've been told the OL is a work in progress--but it looked more like a wreck in regress tonight as the pocket collapsed again & again. Oher was the worst but by no mean the only one who stunk out the joint. If this keeps up it's gonna be a long season & it will not end well.

The O-line was dubious, but we again wasted many plays where there was great protection. Every game, by miracle or skill our O-line walls off the pass rush for 5+ seconds, and way too many times, we don't do jack chit on those plays; we settle for some BS checkdown or toss into double coverage eventhough we have all day. Doing nothing with those plays makes the other plays (where the O-line is sieve-like) stand out more.

Joe rarely has a nice, neat pocket to throw from. I know that's part and parcel of playing in the NFL--getting dirty--but come on; there are great throws to open guys he can't make because some dude is always in his face, at his feet, chasing him, etc.

And the physical lashing out at the official was just ...
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    he is hot garbage. at some point, you have to realize he is what he is. nothing is wrong with that. its okay to have him play right tackle. stop trying to put a square peg into a round hole.
    There is no Joe Thomas who is going to fall in our lap in week 4. He's been solid and no one on our team is going to be perfect weekly. Get off the ledge and embrace the fact we are 3-1

Nothing new here. Michael Oher is a young guy who is emotional and often doesn't play under control. The usual suspects, many FS, holding penalties and his little meltdown tonight with the official was just nuts.

In other words, hell no.

Blog Entries

I dont remember anyone calling Oher a good LT since college

Blog Entries

You all seem to forget that playing left tackle is one of the hardest positions in all of sports on this planet. It's like QB, only around 10 guys on this planet can play at a high level in the NFL. Right now Oher looks like a young athletically gifted LT who is average and has plenty of room to grow. I still think that he has shown a lot of progress this year from where he was in 2010. He has to improve on his mental lapses, and some issues as a pass blocker, but you can't just throw him out because of a mistake here and there, lots of OT's make mistakes, but teams deal with it and move on. Hell the Giants won the SB with David Diehl starting at LT, who may well be one of the worst right tackles in football right now.

Blog Entries

Good? No, but he is good enough for the team to get by this year.