Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 59606162 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Game Thread -- Ravens v. Browns

On to KC!!! Defense has to get shored up in the next 10 days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post

Fuck off. We've given up 300+ yds passing each of the last 3 weeks. And the offense got 16 whole points at home vs the Browns. Do the math, Einstein.
    I guess as long as the D keeps them out if the end zone...they can rack up as many yards as they want...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

People throwing in the towel for the Super Bowl...and even playoffs based on this game?

It's a divisional game people...divisional games are almost ALWAYS tough simply due to familiarity. The Steelers only beat the Browns last year 14-3 (with the last TD with like 2 minutes to go in the game) and 13-9.

This team has some serious issues with defending the pass...pass rush and coverage. But if our offense can continue to produce, they may be able to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I guess as long as the D keeps them out if the end zone...they can rack up as many yards as they want...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    They kept Weeden out of the endzone. They have Cassell, R-berger, Romo, Rivers, Schaub and the Manning boys ahead. That's a different story. We better figure something out or we're going to be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    This is not a Championship team...
    Idiot alert. Idiot alert. Idiot alert.

This was a classic game of just needing to survive after an emotionally draining game 4 nights ago. These are the type of games that average to above-average teams lose on occasion. Championship caliber teams grind out wins.

Yet this isn't just a matter of survival as we clearly outplayed them. We had over 80 more yards, more first downs, and fewer turnovers than the Browns. Take away that superhuman effort from Phil Dawson and this game wouldn't have come down to the final drive. Cleveland, aside from their wide receivers, played great. Their O-line and D-line are probably just as good as our and their LBs tackle quite well. They also didn't committhe same dumb penalties over and and over.

Without Sizzle, we are still one of the top 6-7 teams in the NFL. With him and our revamped offense, we have to be the favorites in the AFC, provided our O-line can avoid these meltdowns.

The Giants lost twice to a 4-12 team lead by Rex Grossman...I'm sure they had idiot fans saying that they weren't a championship team after those games too (that also goes to prove my point about how tough divisional games are).

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    People throwing in the towel for the Super Bowl...and even playoffs based on this game?

It's a divisional game people...divisional games are almost ALWAYS tough simply due to familiarity. The Steelers only beat the Browns last year 14-3 (with the last TD with like 2 minutes to go in the game) and 13-9.

This team has some serious issues with defending the pass...pass rush and coverage. But if our offense can continue to produce, they may be able to make up for it.
    you gotta admit that letting Brandon Wheedon throw for 320yds, inside the Bank, is unprecedented. D picked him off, as expected, but he and Andy Dalton will now have the Ravens D on their home turf next time. It could get fugly!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

They kept Weeden out of the endzone. They have Cassell, R-berger, Romo, Rivers, Schaub and the Manning boys ahead. That's a different story. We better figure something out or we're going to be in trouble.
    Every week presents new and different situations, trying to extrapolate stuff like this hardly ever works. There are things to be concerned about, but 4 games in 18 days is a lot of football to play.

That being said, we do need to find a pass rush, man it stinks right now.

Look, ugly but I'll take it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

This team always makes it interesting. I give the Browns DL credit for keeping it close.
    And that to Carey Williams for making me look good.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries
    Flacco went toe to toe with Brady he can do it with those other guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    you gotta admit that letting Brandon Wheedon throw for 320yds, inside the Bank, is unprecedented. D picked him off, as expected, but he and Andy Dalton will now have the Ravens D on their home turf next time. It could get fugly!
    I made a thread about the fact that our pass defense is going to be mediocre/bad all year.

That doesn't mean that we aren't a really good team. And it's because our offense is going to be able to make up a significant portion of the slack there.

We are just so used to if our defense isn't lights out, we don't have a chance...most of the elite teams don't have elite defenses...it's just how the NFL is these days. We'd be in trouble if we didn't have the offense we look to have...another game of 430+ yards is big time and will keep us in the top 2-3 in the entire NFL...I don't think we've ever been that high after 4 weeks.