Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: "An aging, an AGING, Baltimore Ravens defense"

its amazing we couldn;t get a sack in the last 7 minutes when you know the other team is going to pass. nghata is a stud but after that the talent drops off. mcphee is also looking good.

It's just lazy reporting, nothing more.

All defenses are aging. The age is a non-story compared to the decline in scheme.

Like a fiiiine wine... Gets better with age!

5. Re: "An aging, an AGING, Baltimore Ravens defense"

Hope you're ready to replace ray and ed.

Btw our defense is no.where near where it's been which brings negative comparisons just how ot goes.

Blog Entries

I think it's the complete opposite, we are looking a little too young and inexperienced on defense right now. Losing Redding, JJ, and Suggs is clearly hurting us. We never looked like this when we had the "long in the tooth" guys on our defense.

I swear I've heard "aging defense" since 2003.

It's usually inaccurate. They really just mean that Ray keeps getting older. Fancy that.
    If life hands you a lemon... throw it at somebody!!

Blog Entries

Yeah, it's nonsense. The D isn't very good, but it's not that old.

Blog Entries

It's just typical national media. Keep that in mind when you hear them talk other teams that you might not be so familiar with

Blog Entries

One thing I do want to say is that Reed looked slow out there. There was one play where I could see him busting it to try and get over to the receiver but he just wasn't fast enough. I don't think I've ever watched a game before where I thought Reed looked like an ordinary safety...that's what he looked like last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    One thing I do want to say is that Reed looked slow out there. There was one play where I could see him busting it to try and get over to the receiver but he just wasn't fast enough. I don't think I've ever watched a game before where I thought Reed looked like an ordinary safety...that's what he looked like last night.
    He was playing with a sprained knee. All told, I'm gonna reserve judgement, no matter how frustrating this game felt. They just played 4 games in 2 and a half weeks. Uggg, that just hurts typing it out. They looked tired, slow and drained, probably ached like all hell AND the weather takes a piss on them yet STILL held on to win. I give props for Torrey gutting it out Sunday but the grief HAS to have caught up with him now that he's had to deal with arrangements and such. I assume he has as he has been the man of the house for a long time, unless the Biscotti got someone to deal with most of it for him which is entirely possible. This game was a perfect example of why I think the thursday game idea sucks. It's bad for the players, it's bad for the game. Hell, two prime-time games in 4 days, when people have work the next, is just a shit sandwich to serve up to the fans to boot.

Aging can also be a quick easy term to describe slow and not playing as well as it has in the past.