Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Preseason fee

Re: Preseason fee

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Ownership finds the rational to charge twice as much for playoff games so why not charge half as much for preseson games? Seems to make sense to me but as is true across the board in pro sports, the fan always is forced to open the wallet not the team.
    The Ravens or any owner in the NFL do not set the playoff ticket prices, this is done by the league. The playoffs are operated by the NFL, not the teams.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    The Ravens or any owner in the NFL do not set the playoff ticket prices, this is done by the league. The playoffs are operated by the NFL, not the teams.
    Yes you are right about that....my bad.

I still like the argument though about playoff games meaning more so therefore you pay more. It is logical to me then that if preseason games mean less then you should pay less. Might be beating a dead horse by now though.

Greg, a relationship that relates in the same total season ticket cost is 115% of the current price for regular season and 40% for preseason. The examples I give are for what is currently a $100 ticket, which would then become a $115 RS ticket and a $40 PS ticket. To summarize the problem:

1. Ravens fans with PSL's typically have a host of folks who know so.
    2. Those "close personal friends" (CPF) are happy to pay face value for a RS ticket
    3. CPF include a wide group of folks that for which the typical season ticket holder bears no financial responsibility (brother in law, son's soccer coach, co-workers, some guy who worked on your house with whom you spent a few minutes talking football while you were paying him $75/hour).
    4. CPF are happy to pay "full" price (they define as face) for a RS game, but most don't understand when you try to "screw them" by selling them PS tickets at face value.
    5. The CPF will have an excuse not to take the tickets at face value (daughter sick, distant relative died, piano recital) if the game is meaningless when it rolls around if they can weasel out of the transaction.
    6. The bulk of humanity looks down on scalpers, and defines the group as anyone who sells a ticket above face value. I consider this position ridiculous, but so are a lot of popularly held beliefs like national health care. What am I going to do about that?
    7. Given the current aftermarket for seats, the "true value" of good seats is probably something like 40% for PS and 200% for RS, so even if your CPF pays you 115%, he's still getting a big bargain.
    8. As PSL holder you'll keep the Colts, Jets, Patriots, and Steelers games for yourself, thus cherry-picking your own package.
    9. Under the new pricing structure, the CPF would then be faced with a choice...see the Arizona Cardinals for $115 or a PS game against the Eagles for $40. That's a much closer representation of value and will cause the CPF to make an economic decision if you are nice enough to sell both seats for face.
    Last edited by Filmstudy; 08-26-2007 at 10:46 AM.

I'd be pretty pissed if I paid full price for the cancellation in DC last night, if you are going to charge full price give the people what they paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkraven View Post
    I'd be pretty pissed if I paid full price for the cancellation in DC last night, if you are going to charge full price give the people what they paid for.
    On the other hand, I'm glad that the torn ACL Gaither might have gotten at 6:05 in the 4th quarter never materialized.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012