Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preseason fee

Re: Preseason fee

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The Dead$kin$ charge full price for their preseason games and include them in the season tickets.
    Thank you Greg, as I said last time I checked.

The fact is we're stuck with & always will if you want to continue to be a PSL Owner/Season Ticket holder, you're stuck. I usually suck it up & if I have to eat them I do. This year I got lucky & sold both games.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerobe View Post
    None of us are too happy to pay full price for these pre-season games, but as was said, if the interest is there why not allow the pre-season game tickets to be sold to the public? I'll bet that they would make nearly as much money from non season ticket holders.

The worst thing about the pre-season games are the starting times. I live nearly 50 miles from the stadium, and I get up at 4:45 A.M. for work. As you can imagine I had to give my tickets away, or endure going to work with only 2 1/2 hrs. of sleep. Same for the 1st Thursday night game. The NFL could at least schedule them at a decent start time.

I don't live as far but I do get up early, 4:30 to be exact. These night games are murderous on getting any sleep. I sell my preseason tickets at a 2 for 1 sale so I can make some money back. I like the 7:00 and 7:30 starts for the preseason game.

As most have said the preseason is part of the package for the regular season and we need to buy these regular seasean seats so we don't lose the Ravens to Los Angelos or any other city looking to get an NFL Team. One loss was enough.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Yes the Preseason prices does suck but I'm sucking it up the best I can for $100 a ticket. It sucks when they schedule a Sunday and Monday night game in which blows. I stay untill halftime and then I leave because of getting up early for work the next day. I was able to fill my 3 seats this time with relatives and friends for preseason games this season compared to last years preseason games were it was tuff finding a 3rd person to go. At least my tickets got used for the games.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

Would you prefer that they charge you 25% more for the regular season games and give you the pre-season for free? They would get the same money and you wouldn't be charged anything for these games.
    Yes. I would prefer that they pro-rate the fees of the two pre-season tix over the other home games and give you the pre-season games for free.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Yes. I would prefer that they pro-rate the fees of the two pre-season tix over the other home games and give you the pre-season games for free.
    So you would pay the same but you would feel better about it?

This way is better, it makes it easier to sell the pre-season tickets for some value, if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post
    Like Greg said, you're not really getting anything for free then.

I just hate paying full face on two games that I'd rather watch from the recliner. If full face was $0.00 then I wouldn't feel like I have to go.

I'm bitter about the suck weather and the slop and slather that was on the field Sunday ... oh yeah ... Monday morning ... hellish.

Wink Re: Preseason fee

This way is better, it makes it easier to sell the pre-season tickets for some value, if you wish.
    Disagree. If my $70 seats were upped to $75 for regular season and lowered to $40 for the exhibitions, I'd still be spending the same (if my math is correct). But if I were to try to sell my tickets, the $40 would be closer to the market value, and the face value should always be attainable for Ravens games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerobe View Post
    None of us are too happy to pay full price for these pre-season games, but as was said, if the interest is there why not allow the pre-season game tickets to be sold to the public? I'll bet that they would make nearly as much money from non season ticket holders.
    No way! Before Irsay stuck us with the 10 pack in IIRC 1975, attendance at Colts exhibitions was terrible - like 15,000. And this included the Rosenbloom era when there were 56 straight regular season sell-outs. Another indicator is the annual Ravens-Redskins scrimmage. A nominal $12 fee was charged ($7 for children), and only 25,000 showed up, close to half were Redskin fans. (At Landover the year before, 48,000 showed up when it was free.) If maybe 15,000 Ravens fans show up for a meaningless scrimmage at $12/$7, how many would buy tickets at $70-$100 for a meaningless preseason game?

Not that I agree with the practice, but the owners in this city have to make exhibitions mandatory for season ticket holders to make money off them.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The solution is to charge half price for the preseason tickets and either the owner, players or other staff needs to eat the other half. Of course that won't happen because we all got in line day one to buy the PSl and buy the season tickets every year. It is as much our fault as the Ravens but when it comes down to it, the preseason is just half the product as a regular season.

Ownership finds the rational to charge twice as much for playoff games so why not charge half as much for preseson games? Seems to make sense to me but as is true across the board in pro sports, the fan always is forced to open the wallet not the team.

The team doesn't have a wallet if you do not go to games. When you're favorite team signs a new player, it is you who are paying his salary.. Any change int eh way things are done would NOT be kind to the fans unless salaries and stadium expenses go down. That seesm reall likely right about now...

I have the solution to this problem....................

make pre-season 2 games and regular season 18 weeks instead of 16.

People wouldn't complain as much for 2 games full price for pre season, and mo0re meaningful games are played earlier

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Disagree. If my $70 seats were upped to $75 for regular season and lowered to $40 for the exhibitions, I'd still be spending the same (if my math is correct). But if I were to try to sell my tickets, the $40 would be closer to the market value, and the face value should always be attainable for Ravens games.
    I don't get it. I think it would be easier to sell your $70 ticket for $50 than a $40 for $40. Having worked retail I think the psychology of the buyer is with me on that.