Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Preseason fee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Preseason fee

$110 for that show last night? While this has always been the standard for preasons games, it really sucks to pay full fee for truly a half-hearted effort. Preseason is too long. I would be okay with paying once for preseason but not for two especially when most of the starters don't really want to play.

If they have to have 4 preseason games, they should charge half price since we are lucky to see half a game worth watching.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Preseason fee

Would you prefer that they charge you 25% more for the regular season games and give you the pre-season for free? They would get the same money and you wouldn't be charged anything for these games.

I hate the preseason home games, just another way to get more $ out of our pockets. As far as I'm concerned, they can take both the home games & play them far away & then I wouldn't have to buy the tickets. That will never happen, the Ravens are 1 of the teams in the league that require their season ticket holders to buy the preseason tickets to buy regular season tickets. Last time I checked the Deadskins didn't even require that!! I think there were 10 teams that don't require their ticket holders to buy preseason to buy regular season. Perhaps someone who knows better can confir the # of teams. Full price for watered down, practice football. But by having the requirement to purchase preseason, they are guarenteed a sellout. Maybe they can charge 1/2 price on the concessions or something? I sell my tickets every year & am happy to get something back, even though it is a loss. My 2 tickets are $60 each, so that's $240 down the drain for fake football. The only real part of preseason are the injuries to Rolle & Clayton so far. At least I got $150 for the 2 games, so I'm only down $90.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Would you prefer that they charge you 25% more for the regular season games and give you the pre-season for free? They would get the same money and you wouldn't be charged anything for these games.
    uhhh...no, I would prefer they charge 50% for the preseason games since it is a half-hearted effort, half as interesting and half of the starters start for only half of a half. I half fell asleep half way through the first half after our lines comitted half a dozen penalties. Therefore, I am willing to pay half as much.

Yes. I would prefer that they pro-rate the fees of the two pre-season tix over the other home games and give you the pre-season games for free.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post
    Yes. I would prefer that they pro-rate the fees of the two pre-season tix over the other home games and give you the pre-season games for free.
    Like Greg said, you're not really getting anything for free then.

Ok then you wouldn't have a problem with the ensuing 12.5% regular season increase... Like Greg has stated correctly, the money is coming from somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Ok then you wouldn't have a problem with the ensuing 12.5% regular season increase... Like Greg has stated correctly, the money is coming from somewhere...
    No but I am okay with the team reducing expenses by 12.5% if it is a matter of balancing the bottom line. Really, I don't mind paying for preseason but the game last night was a complete waste of the cash and the time spent.

I understand it has always been like this a remember well the problem my grandfather had with paying for the Colts preseason games but that is not a valid argument to continue paying for minor league ball...at least in the minors, they are trying. To just roll over and take up the *%#@ seems a bit accomodating. And no I will not give up the regular season package as a solution.

This is an issue that continues to come up every year. It will NEVER change and will always be a part of your season tickets. Pre Season games have always had to be paid in full price even when the BALTIMORE Colts were here.

Thumbs down Re: Preseason fee

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Preseason is too long. I would be okay with paying once for preseason but not for two especially when most of the starters don't really want to play.
    If the exhibition season were cut to two games, 99% of the fans would be unable to discern a difference in the quality of play. The lengthy preseason (which used to be as much as 7 games) has outlived its usefulness: players come into training camp in shape and familiar with each other via offseason workouts.

There is some hope, however, of reducing the home game requirement to just one or one and 1/2: the NFL study of reducing each team's preseason to 3 games and adding a 17th game to be played at a neutral site beyond US borders. I would like to see that happen, along with playing one of the three exhibitions at a neutral site (as used to be a frequent practice) and reduce the resulting single home exhibition game admission to 1/3 to 1/2 of the regular season price to reflect its true market value.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

That will never happen, the Ravens are 1 of the teams in the league that require their season ticket holders to buy the preseason tickets to buy regular season tickets. Last time I checked the Deadskins didn't even require that!!
    The Dead$kin$ charge full price for their preseason games and include them in the season tickets.

The Dead$kin$ charge full price for their preseason games and include them in the season tickets.
    Thank you Greg, as I said last time I checked.

The fact is we're stuck with & always will if you want to continue to be a PSL Owner/Season Ticket holder, you're stuck. I usually suck it up & if I have to eat them I do. This year I got lucky & sold both games.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!