Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Harrisson to have Microfracture Surgery officially announced today by his agent

That's the end of that, then article goes on to say knee replacement afterward. He's done.

Blog Entries

Re: Harrisson to have Microfracture Surgery officially announced today by his agent

Soon to be "Harrison goes to IR".

Re: Harrisson to have Microfracture Surgery officially announced today by his agent

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    That's the end of that, then article goes on to say knee replacement afterward. He's done.
    Link please?

Blog Entries

I don't like speaking too soon on things, but I honestly see the Steelers really having a down year, like a 9-7/8-8 type season, and perhaps missing out on a wild card berth. This is a big blow, and the Steelers defense has not looked the same, I usually am a somewhat defender of the Steelers in terms of how good they are, but with what I've seen of them so far, it's going to be between us and the Bengals for the division title this year. I actually kind of had a feeling that the Steelers were going to win the division back this year, but from what I've seen, I think it's the Ravens who have to be the favourites right now with their offensive performances, and our chances could have a major uplift if Suggs comes back healthy after week 6, which right now seems more likely than we originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Link please?
    This is the only things I could find, which certainly isn't definitive:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09...sday-practice/

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09...red-a-setback/

Its looking like the Steelers Ravens games might be of the 35-31 variety, which I never thought would happen. It pains me to admit, but other than that pick 6... Ben is looking pretty damn good.

Steelernation.com fan forum under Harrison issued about hour ago.

Blog Entries

James Harrison to Undergo Multiple Knee Operations
    http://strengthandconditioningfitnes...ump-high-1.jpg

Steelers veteran linebacker James Harrison will undergo several procedures on his injured knee, according to a statement made by his agent earlier today.

Harrison will undergo Meniscectomy knee surgery, followed by an attempt at Meniscus repair. Most likely a meniscus transplant will be needed, where the damaged meniscus will be replaced with cartilage from a donor. Plica Surgery will follow, the primary goal will be to reduce inflammation. Next, a Lateral Release will be undertaken to realign the kneecap. This will be followed with Tendon Repair surgery to the patellar and quadriceps tendons. Subsequently, Harrison will undergo ACL Reconstructive Surgery which requires a graft selection, meaning Harrison would need to select replacement tissue from his own body or a donor (Goodell?). Once this is done, next up will be an Unicompartmental Knee Replacement, also known as partial knee replacement, which requires the damaged portion of the knee to be replaced with metal and plastic components. Doctors will then perform Microfracture surgery on Harrison's knee to repair damaged cartilage. And finally, doctors may simply decide to do a Full Knee Replacement utilizing an artificial knee.

Wow, any real news outlets reporting this?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Wow, any real news outlets reporting this?
    Just what I was trying to determine; I can't seem to find anything on the links mentioned by some folks above (except those supplied by alien bird, which as he says aren't definitive).

I'll defer comment until I see it reported elsewhere. We have a game tonight so right now this means very little to me personally but I felt this thread needed my $0.02:)

Blog Entries

Ben is going to earn another notch on his belt if he can get this team to the playoffs. The man almost threw a half dozen TDs and they still lost to the Raiders.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore