Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Billicks comment on Boller

During the game last night they were talking about Boller's contract status and whether he would stay with the Ravens next year. Al Michaels quoted Billick as saying "Why would he want to? (stay)". Any comments on this? It just seemed like a strong statement to make before the season had even started.
    Last edited by rayberry; 08-20-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: dup words

Re: Billicks comment on Boller

Because with McNair here he has no chance to compete for a starting job. There are teams hard up for a qb who *would* want to bring him in to compete for the starting job, notwithstanding what some of the half blind morons around here might think.

We would only be looking to pay backup money. And he will (or at least should) want might-be-starter money. Plus the fans here have, for the most part, been truly unkind to him.

Why would he want to stay?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

3. Re: Billicks comment on Boller

Festivus,

Can't disagree with any of your points. And I guess as of now, Billick's quote is a legitimate one. Though you never know what's going to happen over the course of a long season.

By the way, Ray, keep Tex on ignore. It makes the whole forum much better.

Tex because I was worried you were being stupid on a newbie I did peek at your post here.

Even if we were to agree Boller was an incompetent bumbler there is *no cause* for fans of HIS TEAM, by which I mean YOUR TEAM, to be unkind with rude nicknames and public mocking. Polite criticism is one thing, but you are just plain nasty, like some others around here, and I don't understand how you can call yourself a fan of the Ravens the way you treat their backup qb.

Ray, if you *do* insist on reading a post of Tex's, please do not quote it, so those of us who have that peabrained Boller-stalker on 'ignore' are not forced to read his steady stream of urine.

Welcome to the forum!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

5. Re: Billicks comment on Boller

Thanks. I'm a frequent reader but an infrequent poster.

Yikes. I'm surprised Billick would slip up and let out a comment like that. That can't do much for Kyle's confidence.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I didn't hear Michaels so it is hard to comment. I would love to hear from Billick on this. Nothing personal, but this is third or fourth hand at least.

Billick -> Michaels -> Poster -> Us.

I heard the comment (from Michaels) but he never clarified what he meant. Whether the issue is playing time or the fans. Of course reading the fat mans comments this morning one can understand why he would want to leave. While McNair throws a interception that had no chance to caught by anyone but a defender and Manning #2 losses a fumble it's Boller that the fat takes a shot at again. Boller biggest mistake was probably stealing the box doughnuts from the fat man when he was in his rookie year. Seems kinda of funny how fat man only has the outs for certain members of the Ravens, of course with Jamel gone his sources have kinda of dried up.

Quote Originally Posted by PD101 View Post
    I heard the comment (from Michaels) but he never clarified what he meant. Whether the issue is playing time or the fans. Of course reading the fat mans comments this morning one can understand why he would want to leave. While McNair throws a interception that had no chance to caught by anyone but a defender and Manning #2 losses a fumble it's Boller that the fat takes a shot at again. Boller biggest mistake was probably stealing the box doughnuts from the fat man when he was in his rookie year. Seems kinda of funny how fat man only has the outs for certain members of the Ravens, of course with Jamel gone his sources have kinda of dried up.
    I heard it and took it to mean he has really never been supported here...(Booed when he was injured), Just my interpretation, someone should clarify this with Billick though. The Michael's and Madden mentioned as though Boller will be a hot commodity in the F.A. period
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

I watched the game on DVR last night and I swear Madden was the one who said it. But anyway he just slipped in, "Brian Billick said why would he stay...", while he was talking about Boller.

Ravens fans have treated Boler like shit! The guy ain't that bad. Some guys take longer to develop than others. I happen to think he had a decent pre-season. He ha shown improvement. I doubt seriously though that the Ravens can keep him. He hapens to be the only QB who knows the playbook other than our #1 *(who will not last forever).

Wink Re: Billicks comment on Boller

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    He ha shown improvement. I doubt seriously though that the Ravens can keep him.
    Sounds like the quote is being taken out of context.

Sure, if Mcnair's arm holds up, if he doesn't fall apart physically, or if he doesn't succumb to injury, then the Ravens offer Kyle nothing to stay & Boller tests the FA market looking for a pay day. After the way he has consistently performed since the December 2005 game, you'd have to figure on a team in need of a young & experienced QB would throw $$$ after him. If neither happens (i.e. squezing another year out of Mcnair or if Boller does not get a lucrative offer elsewhere), I wouldn't be surprised -- actually I would expect to see -- Boller coming back here under a backup contract. Hard to foresee what the situation might be next winter, but I couldn't Billick trusting Troy Smith after his poor play in preseason (unless he improves as a clipboard carrier), nor could I see going after Leftwich (too slow) or Culpepper (damaged goods) or Brunell (too damned old).

And there was the direct quote (not some dipshit 4th hand comment from Madden) to the effect that he could envision Kyle returning under the right circumstance.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).