Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Semi bright spots

when somebody puts a post on here and knows what they are talking about agaisnt someone saying mcnairs arm is dead cause he threw an interception i was giving him praise and i do agree all i hope for is no injuries does anybody have an update on clayton and rolle i heard sprains but how long are each out for?????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    1. Mike Anderson quietly served notice as to why he ought to be less under-utilized in the future.

2. When was the last time we had a kicker put five kickoffs into the end zone out of five tries? Oh, yeah... never.

Mr. Stover, tell Mrs. Stover to set another plate for Mr. Lloyd. You may just have found your new apprentice-eventual heir.
    Talk about someone not used right on this team it's Mike Anderson

Bmorebirds, using sixty-seven question marks does NOT make up for no other punctuation. Trying to read your scrawls is going to make everyone elses brain explode.

If i might make a suggestion? In the future, think those words through very thoroughly, then post them in Mime. The other kids in Remedial Reading will be so proud of you. That's a good boy. Pat, pat, pat...
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    I don't see why not, we've done it in the past.

And that'd mean we'd have a Brit on the roster, which you know has to be good.
    We will probably carry 9 OL this year as opposed to 8 in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    There weren't realy any bright spots.

1) this team plays badly in the rain, especially McNair.

2) McNair arm still seems to be dead, and its preseason. The pass that was intercepted hung up there forever. Even if it had hit Williams it would have been a jump ball situation for how long it hung up there.

3) The O-Line showed its youth

4) Troy Smith really needs play actiong & passing lanes to get anything done, and Olson showed nothing

5) Yamon Figurs continues to be mediocre beside 1 kick return where his speed was handy

I have been skeptical of McNair's arm too, but his pick last night had nothing to do with having a dead arm. The pass was overthrown into Double Coverage. It was a stupid decision, but the pass was thrown pretty deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    We will probably carry 9 OL this year as opposed to 8 in the past.
    Yep agree with you there Greg.

But I can't say as I'll be disappointed to see the Ravens keep Rhys on their roster if he shows that you can't leave his kickoff ability on the practice squad.

As for McNair's arm, it's clear that it is no longer strong enough. He's still the best option we've got because he still exhudes calmness through the offense and is clearly able to lead us on the long grinding drives like no other QB on our roster can. But his arm strength is not up to task anymore. His downfield throws float too much which gives safeties time to get over and if he doesn't look them off first (may not have time to behind this O-line) then a lot of his deep throws are gonna be batted down or even intercepted this year. His short passes don't have enough zip on them either, he can't force a ball into a tight space anymore and I've also noticed that he's not locating particularly his slants very well anymore. Case in point was THAT throw to Demetrius in the playoff game last year against the Colts. He's not putting his throws on the front shoulder anymore which is precisely where he's gotta throw with his lack of zip these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It was a horrible decision coupled with a bad throw. Can't spin it any other way.

No, but you can add to it too. It was preceded by quite possibly the wrost play-action-fake I have EVER seen. McNair reached back, pirrouetted(sp), while getting the ball no closer then 2 feet to the back and looked downfield. He did this ALL GAME LONG. Play action is too important in this offense to do such a horrendous sell job. Maybe if someone had bitten on it, it may have gone for 6, despite being underthrown...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No, but you can add to it too. It was preceded by quite possibly the wrost play-action-fake I have EVER seen. McNair reached back, pirrouetted(sp), while getting the ball no closer then 2 feet to the back and looked downfield. He did this ALL GAME LONG. Play action is too important in this offense to do such a horrendous sell job. Maybe if someone had bitten on it, it may have gone for 6, despite being underthrown...
    Much like Clayton's touchdown catch at Kansas City was it last year? Where he had to stop and wait for it but still went in untouched.

I think you guys are selling McNair short.

Before last Monday against Philly, I myself had the same doubt about his arm.

He was throwing lasers against Philly. Did you notice how he put the ball right between 2 Defenders when he threw that pass to Derrick Mason, that was zip. The same thing with his TD to Quinn Sypnewski, that ball had quite a bit of zip on it.

I have never really seen McNair put much zip on his deep ball, he may have had it when he was much younger, but he hasn't had it for awhile. Even when he was the Co-MVP in 2003, he was throwing Wounded Ducks all thru the season(Most Notibly the TD pass to McCariens in the Playoff game in B-more).

After one bad game, McNair's arm is dead again :grbac:
    Last edited by Heap86; 08-20-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Double posted, Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post
    I think you guys are selling McNair short.

Before last Monday against Philly, I myself had the same doubt about his arm.

He was throwing lasers against Philly. Did you notice how he put the ball right between 2 Defenders when he threw that pass to Derrick Mason, that was zip. The same thing with his TD to Quinn Sypnewski, that ball had quite a bit of zip on it.

I have never really seen McNair put much zip on his deep ball, he may have had it when he was much younger, but he hasn't had it for awhile. Even when he was the Co-MVP in 2003, he was throwing Wounded Ducks all thru the season(Most Notibly the TD pass to McCariens in the Playoff game in B-more).

After one bad game, McNair's arm is dead again :grbac:
    I've only just received a DVD of the Eagles game from a friend this evening and will be taking a look at it when I get back from my bro's wedding. But I've seen extended highlights of last night's game. Not all of it, but enough to re-ignite worries I had from certain games last season.

But I've seen extended highlights of last night's game. Not all of it, but enough to re-ignite worries I had from certain games last season.

The only bad thing I saw from McNair last night was the deep ball into double coverage. He threw it pretty far, it did'nt have much zip on it, but overall it was more of a bad decision than a bad throw.

His other throws looked OK.