Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Semi bright spots

We beat every team we played that made the playoffs

We went 13-3 last year.

Yet McNair is only good enough to beat mediocre teams?

Nobody is debating that McNair's arm isn't what it used to be.

Fortunately, this game isn't all about throwing rockets and lasers.

McNair has been able to put the ball where it needs to be for the most part.

And you are such a hypocrite for crying about arm strength after all that spamming you did in 03 when you were begging for Chris Redman of all people and his questionable arm strength.

And all this talk about explosiveness with Boller...dude has consitantly been among the worst in the league in YPA and YPC.

Pass the pipe Dave.

I have 2 words when it comes to arm strength: Joe Montana.

QB is 65% mental and 35% physical. McNair will be fine if the line performs and the running game is just decent.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I have 2 words when it comes to arm strength: Joe Montana.

QB is 65% mental and 35% physical. McNair will be fine if the line performs and the running game is just decent.

FM
    I agree with that. However, I think its a problem when that 35% physical becomes the bottle neck of a team. This is why at some points all teams have to switch from veteran players to youth. Because that 35% becomes that bottle neck.

Thats also IMHO many fans and sports analysts and writers are giving this team a window to win a championship of a year or two, because at some point the veteran experience is going to be trumped by aging and losing speed and ability.

Of course, the way this team drafts, I think we'll be more like the pats in that respect.

IN any case, its jsut my honest opinion that the 35% physical aspect for QBing is McNair's flaw right now, and experience teams can exploit it . . . badly.

We beat every team we played that made the playoffs

We didn't beat the Broncos, and we both know they are a better team than, say, the Chiefs right now.

Also, what I'm more worried about it what we did in the playoffs. I.E. NOTHING. And I put that on Steve McNair's shoulder's. Jamal had a decent game, the problem with that game was throwing short of the 1st down and also 2 bad, BAD picks that were ball that, if you throw them, NEED to be forced in there with a strong arm that McNair lacks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Also, what I'm more worried about it what we did in the playoffs. I.E. NOTHING. And I put that on Steve McNair's shoulder's. Jamal had a decent game, the problem with that game was throwing short of the 1st down and also 2 bad, BAD picks that were ball that, if you throw them, NEED to be forced in there with a strong arm that McNair lacks right now.
    Sorry, but ClericBlackDave and Mista T are becoming the "Tex Ritters" of McNair. It's the same things all the time.

Alright losac, i'll stop posting.

I'm done hating on McNair for now. I'll post again after we play some elites and McNair proves me wrong, or doesn't. Not for one second do I want to be a "Tex Ritter". however, I'm never going to be a McNair yes man. If he plays well, props, if he doesn't, like throwing rainbow picks into double coverage, I'll critique him just like you'd critique boller for the same.

Additoinally, I limited my commentary on McNair to non personal attacks and question that are within the realm of football, like whether or not having a dead arm allows you to throw deeps outs, comeback routes, and seam routes that are necessary to keep elite teams / defenses at bay.

In any case, I promise right now not to post until during the regular season. I hope that helps you sleep better at night, or something

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Sorry, but ClericBlackDave and Mista T are becoming the "Tex Ritters" of McNair. It's the same things all the time.
    Pretty much.

Arm strength wasn't a problem for him when Chris Redman was starting...

I don't understand why these guys seem to hate Steve McNair.

Mista T said in one of the QB threads that he wishes that McNair would retire.

Our Defense alone did not win us 13 games last year, of course these guys seem to think so. I guess our Defense threw 16 TD's and over 3000 yards.

If Boller led us to a 13-3 Season and a Playoff appearance, I have the feeling that these guys would be estatic.

McNair led us to a 13-3 season, but according to those guys, he is old, has a dead arm and needs to retire :grbac:

I have to agree.

I cant imagine that once the weather was factored in, Billick had any intention for the team to go out there and play their hearts out.

McNair did fine under the circumstances. My only worry is McGahee's lack of production again. The combination of youth on the O line and his being new to the scheme may very well prove to be dangerous.