Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Seven Nation Army

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    you like that chant? do you hear anyone yelling it ?
    I noticed the same thing. Under Armour screwed up on this one. They apparently don't pay attention to the types of music which work up the crowd. They used to have the short "I will" ad which got everyone's attention and participation. I don't know where their brains were with this new one.

The band is the "The Band that Wouldn't Die". Love 'em or hate 'em, the band will be here for you kids & grandkids.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The "I Will" response was always solid. No idea where they are trying to go with the new ads.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Yeah the "Bull Shit!" chant went on forever, and could not be tweaked out of the NBC feed. I have to believe it had an effect on the play on the field, and the officials. It would be hard for any human being to ignore tens of thousands chanting displeasure at them.

This TMZ.com article about the bullshit chant is my absolute favorite. It's really admiring of the crowd's clarity. Also really liked this bit from Kevin Byrne:

A rep for the Ravens -- Senior Vice President of Public and Community Relations Kevin Byrne -- tells TMZ ... "We’re certainly aware of it. Normally, our crowd is one of the most enthusiastic and respectful home audiences in all of sports.”
    A subsequent TMZ article says the FCC isn't going to fine anybody. I went visiting some other teams' forums, and found folks looking to take this vocal expression re: the replacement refs to an NFL stadium near them as these guys bungle their way through their home team's game. I don't think that's a great idea. Baltimore caught 'em off guard, but they'll start flagging the home team for unsportsmanlike conduct if NFL fans start making a movement out of this.

Blog Entries
    ...or they could improve the officiating

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    Baltimore caught 'em off guard, but they'll start flagging the home team for unsportsmanlike conduct if NFL fans start making a movement out of this.
    No, they won't.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

7. Re: Seven Nation Army

Why get rid of the band? Yeah I dont like that idea.
    You will hear seven nation throughout many of college and high school stadiums every fall, its become extremely popular.

For those of you that enjoyed the very loud manure chant.....

http://deadspin.com/5945755/heres-wh...de-the-stadium

Blog Entries

they play the first few notes of the seven nation army song after big defensive plays thats why the crowd does it. they did it for the 1st game also. I like it this way better then playing the entire song because the entire crowd wont do it for the whole song but if its just for a few seconds they can get more people to do it and it sounds louder

Blog Entries

seven nation didn't come over the PA at all in week 1, though the crowd chanted it anyway. the first time the crowd chanted it in week 3 was totally spontaneous. it was a little after that when it came over the PA. i wonder if it was planned or if the PA guy played it in response to the crowd? either way, it looks like its here to stay for a while.
    Last edited by ballhawk; 09-25-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonRaven View Post
    Why get rid of the band? Yeah I dont like that idea.
    You will hear seven nation throughout many of college and high school stadiums every fall, its become extremely popular.

For those of you that enjoyed the very loud manure chant.....

http://deadspin.com/5945755/heres-wh...de-the-stadium
    (Sory for hanking and old thread)

I know that there may be (bulls^&t NFL) rules against it. Why can't the band start and or back-up the 7 Nation Army chant - that would be truly loud!!!!!!!!!!:celery
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    seven nation didn't come over the PA at all in week 1, though the crowd chanted it anyway. the first time the crowd chanted it in week 3 was totally spontaneous.
    The crowd appeared to be oblivious to the chant at the Browns game. Not loud or long; most fans where we sat just kept talking. Perhaps the chant has already run its course in Baltimore.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    seven nation didn't come over the PA at all in week 1, though the crowd chanted it anyway. the first time the crowd chanted it in week 3 was totally spontaneous. it was a little after that when it came over the PA. i wonder if it was planned or if the PA guy played it in response to the crowd? either way, it looks like its here to stay for a while.
    they didnt play the entire song in week 1 but they did play part of it after big plays to get the crowd doing it