Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 72
  1. #31

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:



    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how you can blame one guy when the entire defense has been shredded the past two games. People wanted to say "It's just because they were playing Vick and were scared of him running if they blitzed..." or something along those lines after the Eagles game, well, not so much. I knew going in Brady was going to shred the defense because...for the most part...Pees won't blitz, and they don't have the players to generate a rush with four guys.

    other thoughts:

    What has happened to Kruger and McPhee? Less so for McPhee, he's been decent, but Kruger has done nothing. Not sure how much longer Kruger is going to be starting with Upshaw continuing to make plays - although he doesn't really get much rush either. That might be the best thing for Kruger, to be honest. Put him back in the pass rush role he thrived in last year.

    Also think it's interesting how Dickson has gone from the starting TE to basically not even playing. Deservedly so, because he stinks and Pitta is good, but it's interesting how quick they were to make that change and basically make Dickson irrelevant in the current offense.
    The defense was able to pressure on the last two drives and I think it was Kruger who pressured and scared Brady into a bad pass on his final attempt.

    I am not convinced that Pees has got a good enough handle on the match ups to say whether or not a player is being asked to perform a less than optimal role or not yet... some of the corner blitzes were pathetic.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,952
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fcowher View Post
    "Dreaded O"? You have got to be kidding me. If we in Baltimore choose to emphasize one word in the song than so be it. The song was written here about what happened here and in no way are we showing any disrespect toward the National Anthem by screaming the "O". It is OUR song! Get over yourself. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love it when I hear the O, especially since we moved away from MD. My son and I do it at road games and there's always enough Raven fans to make the home crowd look at each other with that 'what was that' look on their face.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  3. #33

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    The defense was able to pressure on the last two drives and I think it was Kruger who pressured and scared Brady into a bad pass on his final attempt.
    Felt more like a "get rid of the ball so he didn't take a sack" than a legit pass... but They dialed up some pressure when they had to. I'd like to see it a little earlier in the game and more often.




  4. #34

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    My counterpoint to that is this is not a one game issue. Last season Williams was burned a lot because he plays so far off of the ball. And he had issues in Philly as well (although he wasn't alone). He's just not very good, IMO.
    True he did start to regress last year but the scheme itself asks our DBs to play 10 yards off the ball. Why that is I don't know but it frustrates the hell out of me. The ravens have been known to bench DBs (remember Fabian Washington) so we'll see what happens with Cary after the bye because I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until then.




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Let's take this at face value here. 3 down and 3 to go means he'd be active on Week 7 for the Texans game in Houston on 10/21! I can only hope that actually turns out to be the case!!!!
    Wow, that would be incredible! I only hope he is ready and not pushing it too soon.
    It could also mean that he could start practicing but not actually being active come game day until he gets his game legs so to speak.




  6. #36

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Officiating was about as bad as what we've seen from the regular refs. I don't agree with the current hysteria about replacement refs. Actually, thinking back to some of the giveaways due to Brady's whining, I think last night's officiating was better than past Patriot games.

    Meh ... the National Anthem singer was OK, but not in the same league with Martina McBride's rendition before last season's Jets game. Rather than bringing in outsiders, I would have preferred watching our own Mishael Miller sing to the national audience.

    I don't shout "O" because it would be disrespectful, but have no problem with others performing the O's chant.

    I am really glad that Cary Williams turned down the Ravens offer.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    True he did start to regress last year but the scheme itself asks our DBs to play 10 yards off the ball. Why that is I don't know but it frustrates the hell out of me. The ravens have been known to bench DBs (remember Fabian Washington) so we'll see what happens with Cary after the bye because I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until then.
    I disagree. Watch Webb and to a lesser extent Smith, and then compare that to Williams. Now, obviously Webb is an all-pro caliber CB, but Smith plays closer up to the WR than Williams does. I think it's because Williams doesn't have great speed, and has to play off of the WR to compensate so he doesn't get burned deep.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  8. #38

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fcowher View Post
    "Dreaded O"? You have got to be kidding me. If we in Baltimore choose to emphasize one word in the song than so be it. The song was written here about what happened here and in no way are we showing any disrespect toward the National Anthem by screaming the "O". It is OUR song! Get over yourself. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get over myself? That's unnecessary. I don't care if you love doing it or not. I do not. I have respect for the National Anthem that way.

    Next person to disparage anyone who likes or dislikes the O in the anthem will be treated as a personal insult and breaking forum rules. You like it? Great. You don't? Happens to also be acceptable here.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a Purple Haze
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:


    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

    NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Venice Florida
    Posts
    273

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Bahh... don't take yourself so seriously.
    He's right. It's disrespectful.




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Art View Post
    He's right. It's disrespectful.
    That surely depends on the intent of the people doing it. No action is inherently disrespectful depending on the context. My sister and I greet each other routinely by saying things like "What's up asshole?" and "How's it going turd?" Clearly, that sort of thing is unacceptable in day to day life, but for her and I, it's a sign of affection and closeness. Similarly, the Oooo isn't about disrespecting anyone or anything, it's about a Baltimore tradition and about showing our love for our teams.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,542

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    That surely depends on the intent of the people doing it. No action is inherently disrespectful depending on the context. My sister and I greet each other routinely by saying things like "What's up asshole?" and "How's it going turd?" Clearly, that sort of thing is unacceptable in day to day life, but for her and I, it's a sign of affection and closeness. Similarly, the Oooo isn't about disrespecting anyone or anything, it's about a Baltimore tradition and about showing our love for our teams.
    Agreed.

    Disrespect is a matter of opinion, not fact. I am ok with someone thinking that the Ooooo is disrespectful, but I am just as equally ok with the folks who view it as a part of the tradition of baseball, and to some extent, America.

    After all, it's free speech any way you slice it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  13. #43

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I love it when I hear the O, especially since we moved away from MD. My son and I do it at road games and there's always enough Raven fans to make the home crowd look at each other with that 'what was that' look on their face.
    Anyone who doesn't like the "O's" chant during the National Anthem is too young to remember the glory days of Orioles baseball prior to 1997. Besides it's a song about the Battle of Baltimore that took place during the War of 1812. It's a Baltimore thing, I got pissed when no one from Baltimore did it during the National Anthem when they would give Michael Phelps his medals in the Olympics.


    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    shrewsbury, pa
    Posts
    622

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    Hey 509 was it the 4 idiots who stood up the last qtr?? Yelled to the 1 guy if your going to spend all the money for tickets and travel at least get a jersey for someone on the team. Guy was wearing a Colvin jersey. He hasn't played fior years. Kinda like seeing a Steeler fan a couple years ago in a Lloyd jersery...




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Da Dirty Dena
    Posts
    130

    Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

    As a life long fan of the O's I love it! The National Anthem was penned in Baltimore. My feeling is that we OOOOOOOOOOOwn it! I've seen purple O's hats all over town in support of the Ravens. I love that our fans support BOTH teams and that the teams themselves support their counterparts! I'd buy an orange and black Ravens hat in an instant if I found one! I yell OOOOOOO at every game in MD and those that I attend elsewhere..... it will stick with me for the rest of my life. I'm a HOMER, and I love my teams, and my support for them will never falter. In yelling OOOOOOO, my feeling is that I give RESPECT to Baltimore....the O's and the man that created our National Anthem....in Baltimore's respectful way!~




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland