Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

I hate the O chant too. It's *almost* as terrible as Nasty Boh, i.e. the worst beer ever sold. Moving on...

What pissed me off about the Cary Williams thing was the lack of adjustments we made. If he is getting torched play after play, and he was, why not help him out? Or sit his ass down? We just kept trotting him out there to get burned time and time again. Our defensive coaches are terrible this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    I hate the O chant too. It's *almost* as terrible as Nasty Boh, i.e. the worst beer ever sold. Moving on...

Have you tried Natty Boh in the past 2 years? they changed the recipe when Miller started brewing it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Here's an observation and a good one.

In the 4th quarter, Suggs was put on the big screen and he proceeded to pump up the crowd, but MOST importantly, he was jumping up and down while waving his arms.
    His injury is definitely healing well and hopefully he has been able to push it enough in rehab to get ready to come back in November.
    yea that was good to see.

also did anybody notice when they put Suggs on the jumbotron in week 1 he held up 6 fingers into the camera the whole time? i thought it was a little interesting.....is he eying a week 6 return? it had to mean something.
    Last edited by ballhawk; 09-25-2012 at 04:02 AM.

4. He tweeted the other day three down three to go. I think he is coming back in the same time six weeks.

Blog Entries

i also think that "This Land Is Your Land" by Woody Guthrie should be the national anthem. that song embodies the american spirit, IMO. Star Spangled Banner is a battle song.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    And, the next person that yells at me to stand up for the Hillbilly Anthem (Proud to be an American) is gonna get an "Angry Bird"... lol.
    This.
    Times ten.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

I yelled 'O' during the national anthem at the women's Olympic soccer final at Wembley. The Japanese and surrounding American fans gave me a funny look.

I would still prefer "America - Fuck Yeah" as a national anthem for you lot anyway.

Count me as one who doesn't yell "O," and I wince a little when others do. I love the Ravens and O's, and I know it's a Baltimore tradition, but it's the national anthem, and I feel like it takes away from it. For me personally, I've felt this way since the 9/11 attacks. I used to yell "O", but no longer after that. I'm not gonna sling figurative rocks at those that do, because I don't think they're overtly trying to disrespect the anthem. It's just a matter of two different schools of thought.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post

This.
    Times ten.
    You don't stand for the song that is playing. You should stand because during the time the song is playing, our nations colors are being presented.

You should stand for the presentation of the flag and because those presenting the flag represent those who have given it all so that we may shove nachos and beer in our faces during an awesome football game.

You should stand. But you don't HAVE to.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    You don't stand for the song that is playing. You should stand because during the time the song is playing, our nations colors are being presented.

You should stand for the presentation of the flag and because those presenting the flag represent those who have given it all so that we may shove nachos and beer in our faces during an awesome football game.

You should stand. But you don't HAVE to.
    BS.

I'll stand for a moment of silence for those who have given their lives and I will stand for the anthem but I will not stand for that song.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post

BS.

I'll stand for a moment of silence for those who have given their lives and I will stand for the anthem but I will not stand for that song.
    Did you even read what I wrote? You are supposed to stand for the presenting of our colors by the color guard. NOT the song. So when the flag is presented, you stand the fuck up.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

It is not about the song that is playing.