Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    True he did start to regress last year but the scheme itself asks our DBs to play 10 yards off the ball. Why that is I don't know but it frustrates the hell out of me. The ravens have been known to bench DBs (remember Fabian Washington) so we'll see what happens with Cary after the bye because I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until then.
    I disagree. Watch Webb and to a lesser extent Smith, and then compare that to Williams. Now, obviously Webb is an all-pro caliber CB, but Smith plays closer up to the WR than Williams does. I think it's because Williams doesn't have great speed, and has to play off of the WR to compensate so he doesn't get burned deep.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fcowher View Post
    "Dreaded O"? You have got to be kidding me. If we in Baltimore choose to emphasize one word in the song than so be it. The song was written here about what happened here and in no way are we showing any disrespect toward the National Anthem by screaming the "O". It is OUR song! Get over yourself. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get over myself? That's unnecessary. I don't care if you love doing it or not. I do not. I have respect for the National Anthem that way.

Next person to disparage anyone who likes or dislikes the O in the anthem will be treated as a personal insult and breaking forum rules. You like it? Great. You don't? Happens to also be acceptable here.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Bahh... don't take yourself so seriously.
    He's right. It's disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Art View Post
    He's right. It's disrespectful.
    That surely depends on the intent of the people doing it. No action is inherently disrespectful depending on the context. My sister and I greet each other routinely by saying things like "What's up asshole?" and "How's it going turd?" Clearly, that sort of thing is unacceptable in day to day life, but for her and I, it's a sign of affection and closeness. Similarly, the Oooo isn't about disrespecting anyone or anything, it's about a Baltimore tradition and about showing our love for our teams.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    That surely depends on the intent of the people doing it. No action is inherently disrespectful depending on the context. My sister and I greet each other routinely by saying things like "What's up asshole?" and "How's it going turd?" Clearly, that sort of thing is unacceptable in day to day life, but for her and I, it's a sign of affection and closeness. Similarly, the Oooo isn't about disrespecting anyone or anything, it's about a Baltimore tradition and about showing our love for our teams.
    Agreed.

Disrespect is a matter of opinion, not fact. I am ok with someone thinking that the Ooooo is disrespectful, but I am just as equally ok with the folks who view it as a part of the tradition of baseball, and to some extent, America.

After all, it's free speech any way you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I love it when I hear the O, especially since we moved away from MD. My son and I do it at road games and there's always enough Raven fans to make the home crowd look at each other with that 'what was that' look on their face.
    Anyone who doesn't like the "O's" chant during the National Anthem is too young to remember the glory days of Orioles baseball prior to 1997. Besides it's a song about the Battle of Baltimore that took place during the War of 1812. It's a Baltimore thing, I got pissed when no one from Baltimore did it during the National Anthem when they would give Michael Phelps his medals in the Olympics.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Hey 509 was it the 4 idiots who stood up the last qtr?? Yelled to the 1 guy if your going to spend all the money for tickets and travel at least get a jersey for someone on the team. Guy was wearing a Colvin jersey. He hasn't played fior years. Kinda like seeing a Steeler fan a couple years ago in a Lloyd jersery...

As a life long fan of the O's I love it! The National Anthem was penned in Baltimore. My feeling is that we OOOOOOOOOOOwn it! I've seen purple O's hats all over town in support of the Ravens. I love that our fans support BOTH teams and that the teams themselves support their counterparts! I'd buy an orange and black Ravens hat in an instant if I found one! I yell OOOOOOO at every game in MD and those that I attend elsewhere..... it will stick with me for the rest of my life. I'm a HOMER, and I love my teams, and my support for them will never falter. In yelling OOOOOOO, my feeling is that I give RESPECT to Baltimore....the O's and the man that created our National Anthem....in Baltimore's respectful way!~

Quote Originally Posted by MountaineerRaven View Post
    As a life long fan of the O's I love it! The National Anthem was penned in Baltimore. My feeling is that we OOOOOOOOOOOwn it! I've seen purple O's hats all over town in support of the Ravens. I love that our fans support BOTH teams and that the teams themselves support their counterparts! I'd buy an orange and black Ravens hat in an instant if I found one! I yell OOOOOOO at every game in MD and those that I attend elsewhere..... it will stick with me for the rest of my life. I'm a HOMER, and I love my teams, and my support for them will never falter. In yelling OOOOOOO, my feeling is that I give RESPECT to Baltimore....the O's and the man that created our National Anthem....in Baltimore's respectful way!~
    On the ramp out of The Vault last night, after the Seven Nation chant wound down (as I neared street level), a "let's Go Os" chant broke out. For real!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    On the ramp out of The Vault last night, after the Seven Nation chant wound down (as I neared street level), a "let's Go Os" chant broke out. For real!!!
    NICE!!

Can you all imagine the town if the O's and Ravens BOTH win their titles??? Natty Boh would be depleted of their reserves and looking to make more!!