Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Yes Cary sometimes lacks ball instincts but let's be fair. It was Tom Brady back there slinging it all over the place. I'll reserve judgment until he goes up against guys like Brandon Weeden.
    My counterpoint to that is this is not a one game issue. Last season Williams was burned a lot because he plays so far off of the ball. And he had issues in Philly as well (although he wasn't alone). He's just not very good, IMO.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96
    Speaking of Suggs he tweeted something to the effect of "3 down, 3 to go"....me thinking he could make an early return?
    Love to see him ready to play the Browns (in Cleveland) after the BYE week. Not sure it's realistic, but if it is that would pump some power into our defense... Bc
    Let's take this at face value here. 3 down and 3 to go means he'd be active on Week 7 for the Texans game in Houston on 10/21! I can only hope that actually turns out to be the case!!!!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

"Dreaded O"? You have got to be kidding me. If we in Baltimore choose to emphasize one word in the song than so be it. The song was written here about what happened here and in no way are we showing any disrespect toward the National Anthem by screaming the "O". It is OUR song! Get over yourself. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    What does that even mean? I don't like it. Sorry if that bothers you.
    It's doesn't bother me... You are free to do and think what ever you wish. What I meant is... It's just a song. A simple song does not represent what I feel and think. I feel like the O's chant brings the entire stadium together as a united family, like the anthem. The music of our anthem is sung to an old classic British drinking song... what's wrong with having a little fun with it?

I think the anthem is a public display that we all take too seriously, and overdo with the taking off the hat and the hand over the heart. To be entirely correct the hand over the heart is for the "Pledge", not the Star Spangled Banner.

And, the next person that yells at me to stand up for the Hillbilly Anthem (Proud to be an American) is gonna get an "Angry Bird"... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    It's doesn't bother me... You are free to do and think what ever you wish. What I meant is... It's just a song. A simple song does not represent what I feel and think. I feel like the O's chant brings the entire stadium together as a united family, like the anthem. The music of our anthem is sung to an old classic British drinking song... what's wrong with having a little fun with it?

I think the anthem is a public display that we all take too seriously, and overdo with the taking off the hat and the hand over the heart. To be entirely correct the hand over the heart is for the "Pledge", not the Star Spangled Banner.

And, the next person that yells at me to stand up for the Hillbilly Anthem (Proud to be an American) is gonna get an "Angry Bird"... lol.
    Agreed. Just a song. There are much worse things to be offended over
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    My counterpoint to that is this is not a one game issue. Last season Williams was burned a lot because he plays so far off of the ball. And he had issues in Philly as well (although he wasn't alone). He's just not very good, IMO.
    esmd, I'm with you on this, and I'd like to add that CW in his 5th NFL season does not have a single INT to his name... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how you can blame one guy when the entire defense has been shredded the past two games. People wanted to say "It's just because they were playing Vick and were scared of him running if they blitzed..." or something along those lines after the Eagles game, well, not so much. I knew going in Brady was going to shred the defense because...for the most part...Pees won't blitz, and they don't have the players to generate a rush with four guys.

other thoughts:

What has happened to Kruger and McPhee? Less so for McPhee, he's been decent, but Kruger has done nothing. Not sure how much longer Kruger is going to be starting with Upshaw continuing to make plays - although he doesn't really get much rush either. That might be the best thing for Kruger, to be honest. Put him back in the pass rush role he thrived in last year.

Also think it's interesting how Dickson has gone from the starting TE to basically not even playing. Deservedly so, because he stinks and Pitta is good, but it's interesting how quick they were to make that change and basically make Dickson irrelevant in the current offense.
    The defense was able to pressure on the last two drives and I think it was Kruger who pressured and scared Brady into a bad pass on his final attempt.

I am not convinced that Pees has got a good enough handle on the match ups to say whether or not a player is being asked to perform a less than optimal role or not yet... some of the corner blitzes were pathetic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fcowher View Post
    "Dreaded O"? You have got to be kidding me. If we in Baltimore choose to emphasize one word in the song than so be it. The song was written here about what happened here and in no way are we showing any disrespect toward the National Anthem by screaming the "O". It is OUR song! Get over yourself. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love it when I hear the O, especially since we moved away from MD. My son and I do it at road games and there's always enough Raven fans to make the home crowd look at each other with that 'what was that' look on their face.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    The defense was able to pressure on the last two drives and I think it was Kruger who pressured and scared Brady into a bad pass on his final attempt.
    Felt more like a "get rid of the ball so he didn't take a sack" than a legit pass... but They dialed up some pressure when they had to. I'd like to see it a little earlier in the game and more often.

True he did start to regress last year but the scheme itself asks our DBs to play 10 yards off the ball. Why that is I don't know but it frustrates the hell out of me. The ravens have been known to bench DBs (remember Fabian Washington) so we'll see what happens with Cary after the bye because I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until then.

Let's take this at face value here. 3 down and 3 to go means he'd be active on Week 7 for the Texans game in Houston on 10/21! I can only hope that actually turns out to be the case!!!!
    Wow, that would be incredible! I only hope he is ready and not pushing it too soon.
    It could also mean that he could start practicing but not actually being active come game day until he gets his game legs so to speak.

Officiating was about as bad as what we've seen from the regular refs. I don't agree with the current hysteria about replacement refs. Actually, thinking back to some of the giveaways due to Brady's whining, I think last night's officiating was better than past Patriot games.

Meh ... the National Anthem singer was OK, but not in the same league with Martina McBride's rendition before last season's Jets game. Rather than bringing in outsiders, I would have preferred watching our own Mishael Miller sing to the national audience.

I don't shout "O" because it would be disrespectful, but have no problem with others performing the O's chant.

I am really glad that Cary Williams turned down the Ravens offer.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).