Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

He should've taken that money and run. If another team offers him that same deal this offseason, I wouldn't blame the Ravens one bit if they told him best wishes with your new team...
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Bahh... don't take yourself so seriously.
    What does that even mean? I don't like it. Sorry if that bothers you.

Blog Entries

Javier Colon was outstanding.

Great rendition.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Here's an observation and a good one.

In the 4th quarter, Suggs was put on the big screen and he proceeded to pump up the crowd, but MOST importantly, he was jumping up and down while waving his arms.
    His injury is definitely healing well and hopefully he has been able to push it enough in rehab to get ready to come back in November.

Blog Entries

I'm not an O's fan (Pirates regrettably ha), but I have zero problem with the O chant. It ties in National pride with Baltimore pride, which is awesome.

For the record, in my entire history of watching sporting events, that was the PINNACLE of national anthems. Gave me chills.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    BTW, I think 90% of the D's issues right now are on Carey Williams. He's the weakest link in the chain, IMO. I wanted them to bench him last night in the 4th quarter and run Smith, Brown, or Graham out there. I was thinking they couldn't have done any worse. Williams did get a pass defensed on the Pats final drive though, so at least he was resilient and kept at it. He's a major problem though, IMO. QB's and WR's all over the NFL are salivating when they watch him on film.
    Yes Cary sometimes lacks ball instincts but let's be fair. It was Tom Brady back there slinging it all over the place. I'll reserve judgment until he goes up against guys like Brandon Weeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Here's an observation and a good one.

In the 4th quarter, Suggs was put on the big screen and he proceeded to pump up the crowd, but MOST importantly, he was jumping up and down while waving his arms.
    His injury is definitely healing well and hopefully he has been able to push it enough in rehab to get ready to come back in November.
    Speaking of Suggs he tweeted something to the effect of "3 down, 3 to go"....me thinking he could make an early return?

I just love the fact that before every home game at Heinz Field they all sing a song about Baltimore's defense, not the Ravens Defense. You may be able to win a beer bet with a Steelers fan with this one.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Speaking of Suggs he tweeted something to the effect of "3 down, 3 to go"....me thinking he could make an early return?
    Love to see him ready to play the Browns (in Cleveland) after the BYE week. Not sure it's realistic, but if it is that would pump some power into our defense... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Yes Cary sometimes lacks ball instincts but let's be fair. It was Tom Brady back there slinging it all over the place. I'll reserve judgment until he goes up against guys like Brandon Weeden.
    My counterpoint to that is this is not a one game issue. Last season Williams was burned a lot because he plays so far off of the ball. And he had issues in Philly as well (although he wasn't alone). He's just not very good, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96
    Love to see him ready to play the Browns (in Cleveland) after the BYE week. Not sure it's realistic, but if it is that would pump some power into our defense... Bc
    Let's take this at face value here. 3 down and 3 to go means he'd be active on Week 7 for the Texans game in Houston on 10/21! I can only hope that actually turns out to be the case!!!!

"Dreaded O"? You have got to be kidding me. If we in Baltimore choose to emphasize one word in the song than so be it. The song was written here about what happened here and in no way are we showing any disrespect toward the National Anthem by screaming the "O". It is OUR song! Get over yourself. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    What does that even mean? I don't like it. Sorry if that bothers you.
    It's doesn't bother me... You are free to do and think what ever you wish. What I meant is... It's just a song. A simple song does not represent what I feel and think. I feel like the O's chant brings the entire stadium together as a united family, like the anthem. The music of our anthem is sung to an old classic British drinking song... what's wrong with having a little fun with it?

I think the anthem is a public display that we all take too seriously, and overdo with the taking off the hat and the hand over the heart. To be entirely correct the hand over the heart is for the "Pledge", not the Star Spangled Banner.

And, the next person that yells at me to stand up for the Hillbilly Anthem (Proud to be an American) is gonna get an "Angry Bird"... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    It's doesn't bother me... You are free to do and think what ever you wish. What I meant is... It's just a song. A simple song does not represent what I feel and think. I feel like the O's chant brings the entire stadium together as a united family, like the anthem. The music of our anthem is sung to an old classic British drinking song... what's wrong with having a little fun with it?

I think the anthem is a public display that we all take too seriously, and overdo with the taking off the hat and the hand over the heart. To be entirely correct the hand over the heart is for the "Pledge", not the Star Spangled Banner.

And, the next person that yells at me to stand up for the Hillbilly Anthem (Proud to be an American) is gonna get an "Angry Bird"... lol.
    Agreed. Just a song. There are much worse things to be offended over
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    My counterpoint to that is this is not a one game issue. Last season Williams was burned a lot because he plays so far off of the ball. And he had issues in Philly as well (although he wasn't alone). He's just not very good, IMO.
    esmd, I'm with you on this, and I'd like to add that CW in his 5th NFL season does not have a single INT to his name... Bc