Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 99100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 1257

Re: Ravens Pats game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Cundiff's ghost was exorcised tonight. Tucker has "it." You know it when you see it.

Go back an look at the replay of the field goal - and you will see that the snap was bad - and the ball hit the ground in front of the holder. He recovered it and put it down - and the little extra time caused Tucker to be a little late on the kick driving it off center towards the right goal post.

If you old enough to remember - the reason the verticle part of the goal posts are 20' high is because of the 1965 phantom Green Bay Packer kick (that was bad - but called good) - that tied the game and forced it into overtime where the Colts lost. And I think they lost the Division title because of that. Because of that "field goal" the league raised the height of the posts.

2. Watching the ball frame by frame it was good!

Blog Entries

doesnt matter now. the play wasn't reviewable either. it's a W in the books!

Fortunate to come out of this one with a win but after the robbery in Philly I'll take it. We're on track to make 3-1 in the opening four if we can avoid a letdown on the short week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Go back an look at the replay of the field goal - and you will see that the snap was bad - and the ball hit the ground in front of the holder. He recovered it and put it down - and the little extra time caused Tucker to be a little late on the kick driving it off center towards the right goal post.

If you old enough to remember - the reason the verticle part of the goal posts are 20' high is because of the 1965 phantom Green Bay Packer kick (that was bad - but called good) - that tied the game and forced it into overtime where the Colts lost. And I think they lost the Division title because of that. Because of that "field goal" the league raised the height of the posts.
    That was all I was concerned about on that second try, the snap and the hold. The Ravens were lucky right there. But again, the Patriots were very lucky in the AFCCG, so two can play at that game.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I hereby promise before everyone on this board, before whatever deity cares about football games, that I will never again switch off the TV. It's all or nothing. Our team never quit tonight, and that is admirable; they believed all the way.
    I had quit, and am feeling ashamed right now, but will happily eat as much crow as anyone wants to dish out to me.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by BaltoNUSCNFLChamps View Post
    Watching the ball frame by frame it was good!
    Yeah, it was actually good by a couple of feet. Just glad the refs didn't blow it and call it no good, being that it's not reviewable.

I don't think you could be blamed for quitting. It was hard to see a victory down by 2 scores with a defense that was playing poorly, but somehow they got some stops at the end. I guess that's what good teams do.

When we went down by 13 I logged off the forum. I still believed but this thread was crushing me. Now I wish I had stayed and insisted we would win, then I would really be gloating right now.
    L
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

I watched the whole game, and felt that as long as they kept it within two scores, the crowd would take over in the end, and they would pull it off. The Patriots tired at the end, but I think it was more emotional exhaustion than physical, with all the crowd noise.

By the way, regarding my previous remark. That is why it's a risk to let the clock go all the way down before attempting the kick on third down or less. A bad snap, and it's the end of the game. Otherwise, you can cover the ball and call TO, and try again (few fans seem to know about this). Even though they did not have any more TOs there, so it is a moot point in this case.

Sizzle just tweeted "3 DOWN, 3 TO GO!!" Wonder if that means he plans on coming back in a month?
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Yeah, it was actually good by a couple of feet. Just glad the refs didn't blow it and call it no good, being that it's not reviewable.
    Can you imagine if they actually did that? What a nightmare for the NFL.