Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Midget Offense in Full Display

If the Ravens do not find a way to get to Brady in the second half, he is going to keep dinking and dunking them to shreds. This is the most pathetic offense in the NFL but it is mightily effective if they give Brady time. I am convinced Brady could not be an "elite" QB in any other kind of offense (there's a reason he was a 6th round pick, after all). But he is the master of the midget pinball offense. The only way to stop it is to harass, pressure, and sack Brady.

Re: Midget Offense in Full Display

terrible post, brady not elite lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    terrible post, brady not elite lol
    I beg to differ, Brady is considered to be an "elite" QB in this league, but that's because he plays in a system that maximizes his skills, which is great accuracy in short passes and uptempo play. Brady is not an accurate passer over 15 yards, and he does not have the strongest arm. Again, there's a reason scouts bypassed him coming out of college. But he found a coach in NE who literally made him into "elite" byndeveloping this dink-and-dunk offense system, with fast smallish receivers.

The Ravens, I should say the Ravens and the Ravens crowd, finally got to him in those last two drives, and that's what won the game.

LOL

Yeah, ok.

one of the worst takes ever on 24x7 forums.

It finally happened...I read something on this board that actually made me dumber.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I beg to differ, Brady is considered to be an "elite" QB in this league, but that's because he plays in a system that maximizes his skills, which is great accuracy in short passes and uptempo play. Brady is not an accurate passer over 15 yards, and he does not have the strongest arm. Again, there's a reason scouts bypassed him coming out of college. But he found a coach in NE who literally made him into "elite" byndeveloping this dink-and-dunk offense system, with fast smallish receivers.

The Ravens, I should say the Ravens and the Ravens crowd, finally got to him in those last two drives, and that's what won the game.
    LOL.........OMG.....Please continue...LOL!!!!!!

My mind is numb from the excitement of this game and I've had a couple of drinks, yet I still can't make sense out of this thread.

I can understand the OP's frustration. The Pat's offense is definitely one of those dink and dunk type offenses that methodically plod down the field, but they do get the job done. Certainly not a "bad" offense, by any stretch. But c'mon, Brady was, and still is an elite QB in this league. Yes, he is the benefit of the system he plays in, but he also succeeded in a more "big play" type offense in the mid-late 2000's. Let's not forget the grisly scoring machine of the 2005-2007 Patriots that could light it up from anywhere on the field. Is he that QB still? No, but he's still good. Just not as good as Flacco right now, at least tonight, and well, every time they've played each other.

Blog Entries

No problem. If anyone cares to explain what is so absurd about the OP, and not just type "LOL" and "OMG," then we can have an adult conversation about it. How about that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I can understand the OP's frustration. The Pat's offense is definitely one of those dink and dunk type offenses that methodically plod down the field, but they do get the job done. Certainly not a "bad" offense, by any stretch. But c'mon, Brady was, and still is an elite QB in this league. Yes, he is the benefit of the system he plays in, but he also succeeded in a more "big play" type offense in the mid-late 2000's. Let's not forget the grisly scoring machine of the 2005-2007 Patriots that could light it up from anywhere on the field. Is he that QB still? No, but he's still good. Just not as good as Flacco right now, at least tonight, and well, every time they've played each other.
    Thanks, alienrace. Finally an adult on the computer.

12. Re: Midget Offense in Full Display

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    If the Ravens do not find a way to get to Brady in the second half, he is going to keep dinking and dunking them to shreds. This is the most pathetic offense in the NFL but it is mightily effective if they give Brady time. I am convinced Brady could not be an "elite" QB in any other kind of offense (there's a reason he was a 6th round pick, after all). But he is the master of the midget pinball offense. The only way to stop it is to harass, pressure, and sack Brady.
    Brady was a 6th RD pick, in part, because coming out of college he was kind of scrawny at about 200lbs and did have a weaker arm.

He's now about 230 and his arm has above average strength.

When Moss joined the Pats, Brady threw 50 TDs. And he didn't do it by dinking and dunking all the time.
    Brady's a 1st ballot HoF'er.

This thread fails on so many levels.