Blog Entries

Updating Article on "Fast-N-Furious"

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012...nwalking-plan/

“Our investigation made clear that the failures within ATF, which included a long term strategy in Operation Fast and Furious that was fully supported by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, were systemic and not due to the acts of only a few individuals,” (.pdf) wrote Inspector General Michael Horowitz. Those conclusions partially vindicate what Holder’s defenders have long maintained, that the botched gun-walking operation was isolated to the ATF Phoenix Field Division and then-U.S. attorney for Arizona Dennis Burke. The report also doesn’t go as far as Holder’s critics would have liked.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Updating Article on "Fast-N-Furious"

Looks like Obama got someone to fall on the sword. We will never know how far up it went.

Personally, I don't think it made it's way up to Holder or Obama. That would mean either was actually engaged in the goings on of the various departments at the DoJ and I think Holder is more concerned about protecting coercive Black Panthers, intimidating folks at polling places, than he is about a gun running operation.

The book is closed on this one.