Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What is this team's identity?

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    We had no "identity" last year, and it was a good year. It wasn't an absence of "identity" that cost us the AFC championship game.
    this is true

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Ray Rice sure didn't run us to the Super Bowl last year. Houston stopped him cold and New England stopped him cold. That's why the Ravens are trying to throw the ball now and mix in Rice, here and there. It actually worked in the first half, but Philly built some momentum and they got nervous. Which is something they tend to do in tough road games.

Defensively, this is a blitz pressure, press coverage team.
    Offensively, this is an up tempo Sugar Huddle team.

Just stay true to who you are when things get tough and you'll be fine. That, in my opinion, has been the larger issue.

Sunday, offensively, they didn't need to make an adjustment, because what they were doing in the first half was working. However, Flacco got a little greedy and threw a pick. Then, they abandoned who they were and let Philly off the hook.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Sunday, offensively, they didn't need to make an adjustment, because what they were doing in the first half was working. However, Flacco got a little greedy and threw a pick. Then, they abandoned who they were and let Philly off the hook.
    They sure abandoned who they were in Week 1, after they pulled away in the 2d half.

Do you guys not remember last year?

Dry your tears, put on your big boy pants, and get ready for the Patriots.

Sheesh.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

They sure abandoned who they were in Week 1, after they pulled away in the 2d half.

Do you guys not remember last year?

Dry your tears, put on your big boy pants, and get ready for the Patriots.

Sheesh.
    My big boy pants?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Judging from last year short yardage runs were not what we did best either. We were pretty bad at that.
    Just like we were oh for six bad passing on third and fourth down out of the shotgun. Not a math expert, but anything sure as hell beats 0%.

I agree that this team doesnt have an identity as of yet, i also think identity is overrated.

Offensively i think a team should have a flow and a purpose from a playcalling standpoint. It just doesnt look like thats always the case with us. I was on the road so i wasnt able to watch the Eagles game but in the Cincy game i thought the purpose was clear. While you have that purpose i think the other key factor is to maintain some sort of balance. I dont mean that in a sense of 30 runs to 30 passes i mean keeping the threat of run or keeping the threat of pass valid throughout a game.

Defensively i think we will have to press the envelope a bit more and im sure we will. But it's obvious we can cover at the LB position and Cary and Jimmy will give up plays in off man and zone. Combine these things and the O.C. looking at film will attack intermediate all game long until we make adjustments like more press man, more diverse zone blitz schemes, bracket coverage on TE's, etc. Seems like Pees called sort of a safe game against the Eagles becuz of their weapons, understandable so, just think he needs to take some more chances, tweak his scheme a little to fit his personnel, and play BA! lol.

All in all i think we are still in good shape and as long as we fix these things we will be right in the mix to contend, regardless of identity.

Blog Entries

My big boy pants?
    Attachment 1092

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

You have to come better than that. Big boy pants? Really?

Blog Entries

Ray Rice sure didn't run us to the Super Bowl last year. Houston stopped him cold and New England stopped him cold. That's why the Ravens are trying to throw the ball now and mix in Rice, here and there. It actually worked in the first half, but Philly built some momentum and they got nervous. Which is something they tend to do in tough road games.

Defensively, this is a blitz pressure, press coverage team.
    Offensively, this is an up tempo Sugar Huddle team.

Just stay true to who you are when things get tough and you'll be fine. That, in my opinion, has been the larger issue.

Are you not forgetting the 16 weeks where Rice was mostly running wild on teams and racked up over 2000 yards? Do you not thing that had a lot to do with finishing with a 12-4 record?

We had no "identity" last year, and it was a good year. It wasn't an absence of "identity" that cost us the AFC championship game."
    :grbac:

C'mon man... That's not even close to accurate. Joe threw a TD pass that was dropped which *probably* caused us the AFC Championship game. The FG kicker missed a chip shot- that also cost us a chance to tie/win the Championship- but lack of identity isn't even in the top 10 reasons of why we lost this one game. Once again, it was bad execution on 2 plays that would have turned the tide. It was Joe not leading Torrey on a long pass where he had his man easily beat. Not whether we envisioned ourselves as a smash-mouth team or a passing team, or some other BS reasoning of how we should be moving the ball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Are you not forgetting the 16 weeks where Rice was mostly running wild on teams and racked up over 2000 yards? Do you not thing that had a lot to do with finishing with a 12-4 record?
    Are you forgetting that there is a significant difference between the regular season and playoff intensity, as they might say?

Blog Entries

Are you forgetting that there is a significant difference between the regular season and playoff intensity, as they might say?
    True. But we don't sniff the playoffs without Rice.