Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ten Things I Saw On Tape

How is ot our secondary look stout under chuck, SHIT even Danny Goerrer look all pro under his scheme, but under pees they look like mattison secondary?? ALL THE MORE EVIDENCE DAN PEES IS A CRAP DC.

Blog Entries

I'm not too worried about Jimmy Smith. The fact is, he's still learning and his game isn't as a zone-cover corner. He's a press-man corner. I understand using the zone against a guy like Vick, but honestly I think they're doing a disservice to a guy like Jimmy Smith by not using him in press coverage. Yes, D-Jackson and Maclin are ridiculously fast, but they're small (especially Jackson), so press coverage could have been effective on them to at least dissrupt their routes.

All of those comeback routes were option routes. Cary Williams lines up 10 yards off? Cool, explode to get him into a back pedal and then cut back for the come back.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    How is ot our secondary look stout under chuck, SHIT even Danny Goerrer look all pro under his scheme, but under pees they look like mattison secondary?? ALL THE MORE EVIDENCE DAN PEES IS A CRAP DC.
    Season Losses: Corey Redding, JJ, Suggs (potentially)
    Game Loss: Pollard

First Time Starters: Kruger, McClellan, McPhee, & Ellerbe.

That is a lot of starting experience being replaced by a lot of inexperience.

The D hasn't been awesome yet, but what I am hoping is that as the season progresses, everyone will get better and start to click.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The D hasn't been awesome yet, but what I am hoping is that as the season progresses, everyone will get better and start to click.
    and we have to acknowledge that Philly's front four is among the best in the league. Make it their front seven...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

:word We need patience with the Defense, a lot of new moving parts.

Blog Entries

mattison had the same group minus some of the secondary and they look bad, Chuck P, same group with the addition of Jimmy and it was night and day. Im not ignoring the losses completely suggs and jj are huge even redding, but what Pees has been doing these last 2 games has been pretty mattison-esq. You lose starters to other teams all the time its the name of the game also to injury what makes you a good play caller is using what you got to their strengths even if that is limited you find a way Pees has not and for that matter Cam has not either, i think what we have seen from pees so far is what we are going to get this entire season. If I'm wrong you can check me on it Solo.

Blog Entries

Did anyone catch the commentator (can't remember if it was Dierdork ) say that they ran into Ray Lewis before the game and he said (paraphrasing) "Pees is still figuring out what schemes he wants to run". Then they talked about Ed and Ray having input.

I think they'd rather go down by being too aggressive than play deep zone and get picked apart underneath, so we'll see what happens on Sunday night.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Harbs (he of no direct game planning) did the best he could with a time-out to chew them out, but it wasn't his responsibility to make adjustments (It is his responsibility to see that his coaches learn to do it in the future and not let that second half situation exist again).
    Rxdoxx.. No offense, but I gotta strongly disagree that Harbs isnt responsible for game adjustments. He should be able to see whats going and tell Cam or Dean what he wants. Especially when its a trend like all the 3 and outs in the 3Q. He seemed annoyed at some of the playcalling in his postgame speech, but it was too damn late. He should have said something during the game to change the results. Sure you can talk to Cam or Dean about something you saw after reviewing the game film, and tell them to make a mental note of it, but every game is different. If you dont adapt during the game, you are gonna fricking lose. This is my main criticism of hiring a ST coach. Does he have the expertise to see whats going in the game, and know exactly what to do to remedy the isses the offense or defense are having? I dont know, but I would say that a head coach that was once a DC or OC would have more experience in knowing how to attack a man to man press coverage. Sure even if he was a DC (Harbs only had one year as secondary coach), he would know the shortcomings of that defense. Sorry, but Harbs runs the ship. He needs to get involved in every aspect including making game adjustments. Not micro-manage, but lead when the path goes astray like in the 3Q.

Blog Entries

mattison had the same group minus some of the secondary and they look bad, Chuck P, same group with the addition of Jimmy and it was night and day. Im not ignoring the losses completely suggs and jj are huge even redding, but what Pees has been doing these last 2 games has been pretty mattison-esq. You lose starters to other teams all the time its the name of the game also to injury what makes you a good play caller is using what you got to their strengths even if that is limited you find a way Pees has not and for that matter Cam has not either, i think what we have seen from pees so far is what we are going to get this entire season. If I'm wrong you can check me on it Solo.
    I hear you man, it has been disappointing.

However, Pees is working with essentially5 1st time starters (Ellerbe, McClellan, Kruger, McPhee, and Upshaw). I'd also toss Art Jones into that mix.

Mattison and Pags had a front 7 (give or take 1 guy) who had been playing together for a long time.

Turnover is going to happen in the NFL. No doubt about it, but it isn't always going to be a smooth transition at first. We saw the same thing last year with the offense. It was rough for a couple of weeks and really most of the year. Joe was throwing to a bunch of greenhorns with Boldin being the only guy who had starting experience.

It takes time man. The NFL season is a marathon, not a sprint.

This is your conclusion two games into the season? Give it time.

Blog Entries

The reason that Williams and Smith have disappointed some is, because they have not been used properly. They are press CBs. Webb is the versatile one. They've been playing these guys in off-coverage and it hasn't been working. They can get better, but these are the struggles they would have to endure to get there.

Pees was afraid of Vick running and, even though Celek was killing them, didn't change up. It cost him.

Once Flacco threw the pick, Cameron got nervous and scaled back the offense. Philly dug in and it cost him.

Harbaugh may not have liked the second half approaches, but I would think he should have done more to fix those problems than what seemed to take place.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They played both in the first but it looked like straight up man/press in the 2nd. They made adjustments and it was also clear they knew they could get away with grabbing the receiver all the way down field. These guys have figured out the officials and are pushing it to the brink.
    That is what irritates me. Castillo coached his players to push the envelope, but the Ravens didn't respond to what they were seeing. They have a coach watching the tape as the game is played. The coaches see the game. An adjustment in strategy was obviously necessary, but it didn't happen.
    Harbs needs an intervention. Instead of Ali visiting the team, how about Stallone!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.