Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: The New Mentality Has Not Fully Set In Yet.

Again guys, this is MY opinion. I see where you are coming from and 1 Super Bowl victory, and all that changes. But I feel the Ravens underachieve, if this is the case, then the blame ultimately lies with the head coach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Which is kind of the Achilles heel of the no-huddle, pass-intensive game. Like I said in my earlier post, if we played more ball control football Sunday and ran time off the clock, Philly probably doesn't get the opportunity to hang 486 yards on us. But when your offense can't stay on the field... and doesn't take time off the clock due to a bunch of incompletions... Bottom line, we lost the TOP battle. We actually lost it against the Bengals too, but the offense was much more efficient, and it was a home game. Easier to recover from that in friendly territory...

Also, they got 14 points off of our turnovers, on short fields. We got what out of our four turnovers? I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure it was less than 14 points.

I'm not that worried about the defense. I think the offense let them down in the second half. If any of those three 3-and-outs in the 3rd quarter was a five minute drive, even if it didn't score, I think the game ends differently.
    When they ran the sugar huddle in the first half, they didn't even have a half dozen incompletions (that I can remember). Joe was precise and Ray was catching them off guard with his occasional runs up the middle. The 3 and outs were more due to the predictability of the second half strategy. It was easier for Philadelphia to see what was coming.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

In the end, we will not win a Super Bowl with John Harbaugh as coach. His brother with the 49ers will win one before he does. Bank on it.

I hate saying it but I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The bottom line is that this team has to stop beating itself.

The common theme in all our big losses are unforced errors by us in crunch time.

I don't know what we need to do, but it's almost becoming comical and we are becoming the Eagles of the last decade...really good team that just makes mistakes at the worst possible times.
    Horse manure. We didn't beat ourselves, Phiiy did. Give em' credit.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    So the definition of a complete coach is winning championships?
    Uhhh, yeah.

My biggest issue with Sunday was the sudden change in tempo. Clearly based on comments from players and coaches that was a Cam move
    Were as I have called for people to give Pees a chance to show he has the ability to adjust and improve, Cam has had years to do so and still has not.
    The reasons being thrown around out there for the change in tempo was that the Eagles anticipated it (DUH) and had an excellent plan to substitute personnel by having them sprinting on and off the field.....Really ????? This is just plain goofy.

First off you put up 17pts in the first half including two TD's neither of which was aided by turnover or starting deep in opponents territory. That is decent.
    Secondly even if the Eagles do manage to sub ...who gives a rats ass??? Let them wear themselves down running on and off the field and trying to keep up with the pace of your offense. You dont just chuck the baby out with the bath water.
    The second half just reeked to me of Cam using the excuse of he Eagles being able to substitute to take back a greater degree of control over the offense. Just based on observation Cam strikes me as a control freak, a guy who insists on doing things his way even if its not the best way. I am not shocked first opportunity he got he found a way to try and exert some control.

Maybe I am leaping to conclusions here but the fact of the matter is that there was nothing wrong with the offensive production in terms of points in the first half. Joe's numbers were good and we seemed to have the Eagles on their heels a bit. Soon as Cam started muddling with the offense presto its like the carriage turning back into a pumpkin. I can only hope that Joe, Rice, Caldwell whoever has made it a point to make Harbaugh or Ozzie recognize this and force Cam to just lay off.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

The new mentality has not set in yet because CAM IS STILL CALLING THE PLAYS (and dictating the pace of the game). I believe that he is incapable of running the type of offense he says he wants to run. This year (unlike previous years) he has the talent on offense - and the results are the same as before.

Here's the most telling indictment of Cam. Rex was swooped up as a head coach after one year with Harbaugh as defensive coordinator. Pagano was swooped up as a head coach after one year with Harbaugh as defensive coordinator. Even Mattison got a job in Michigan. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY has come knocking at Cam Cameron's door after FOUR FULL seasons as Harbaugh's offensive coordinator - with four full winning seasons and a combined W/L record of 49W and 24L (including playoff games). Do we think the rest of the league knows something that the Ravens don't

8. Re: The New Mentality Has Not Fully Set In Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    ...but 6th in points allowed.
    That is true, and we're relatively high in sacks too. The run defense improved IMO, but it's more of the scheme that I question against opposing QB's.