Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Billick calls out Flacco for comments

In all but the current year, I'd principally side with Billick; not this year.

I think Flacco is right to question the integrity of the game.

These are not the occasional home town calls or a bad call here and there.

These refs are simply not NFL caliber (given time they might be) and the Eagles took advantage - I'd almost say they were coached that way - their secondary held/interfered nearly all game.

This is going to get worse.

I think the "professional" refs sucked however, I generally felt they had the games under control.

I don't like the way my quarterback, Joe Flacco, reminded me of that whiney fuck Tom Brady on Sunday. I don't mind him having a bad game once in a while, but the constant complaining to the refs and the whining at the press conference after is too much.

Looks like Billick needs to step back up on his soapbox and start calling out other players as well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Looks like Billick needs to step back up on his soapbox and start calling out other players as well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack
    He won't. All of these analysts wait on Flacco's every word. It's sickening.

Blog Entries

"Giants safety Kenny Phillips told Vacchiano he saw Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive backs "walk Victor Cruz like he was a dog," holding his jersey time and again in New York's 41-34 win on Sunday. Kiwanuka expressed concern over players taking advantage of the rules when sharing the field with overwhelmed replacements."
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    "Giants safety Kenny Phillips told Vacchiano he saw Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive backs "walk Victor Cruz like he was a dog," holding his jersey time and again in New York's 41-34 win on Sunday. Kiwanuka expressed concern over players taking advantage of the rules when sharing the field with overwhelmed replacements."
    It's obvious that they are coaching players to just hold onto guys like Torrey Smith or Victor Cruz because they know the refs won't call penalties.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's obvious that they are coaching players to just hold onto guys like Torrey Smith or Victor Cruz because they know the refs won't call penalties.
    Then why won't Pees coach his guys to do the same thing instead of playing 10 yards off the LOS?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Then why won't Pees coach his guys to do the same thing instead of playing 10 yards off the LOS?
    I think we will see some this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    It was a bad call. Joe shouldn't have said anything.

These refs are horrible, but there is nothing to be gained by a player talking about how horrible they are.

Nothing.
    I disagree with that. If no one says anything the NFL will think they can put these guys out there effecting the product. The more noise they hear the better.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I disagree with that. If no one says anything the NFL will think they can put these guys out there effecting the product. The more noise they hear the better.
    You have a point.

Ray called out the officials league-wide. I thought that was smarter than calling out the one who threw the flag that affected you the most. It doesn't look so much like sour grapes.

I don't think it's a big deal either way, though. I can't get excited about this.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.