Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Billick calls out Flacco for comments

I didn't hear all of this complaining when Ray Lewis dissed the 'regular refs' for calling late penalties in their game against the Bengals that led to a game winning TD.

Now, all of a sudden, since it's Flacco, it's a problem.

At the end of the day. I agree that they had a chance to win the game in the end. The defense blew the lead and Flacco overthrew Pitta on the third and two.

However, I can't understand the reasoning behind people saying that it shouldn't have got that far. If you look back at that game, it would be hard to count how much yardage they lost in PIs not called, along with PIs incorrectly called illegal contact/defensive holding.

For example, the one time that Torrey Smith did blow by Rodgers-Cromartie, Cromartie nearly had him in an armbar for ten yards. That was one TD there, because the ball was on the money other wise. The illegal contact on Asomugha, after he grabbed Jones in the endzone, should have been a PI, putting the Ravens on the one, for what could have been a run-in TD. The OPI for Jones, shouldn't have been called, because A.) they were both engaging one another and B.) Asomugha was not playing the ball. Jones simply disengaged and went up. He didn't shove. Now, you're talking 21 points, when they still managed to put up 23 against a pretty good defense.

I can see Joe's frustration, because if the game were called correctly in the least, it wouldn't have come down to that last drive.

I've seen the best of the best complain about the refs. I didn't hear them get dissed for it and I don't care to hear it now, because Joe is right.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I have no problems with what Flacco said even if it made it seem like whining. Somebody inside the NFL (Player/coach) had to speak out and say it. I don't even think he cares that he may have to take a hit and get fined for it, it had to be put out there. Kudos to him, because he was 100% correct.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

It's bad enough when a referee misses an obvious call, but to see the call and incorrectly interpret the penalty does indeed lack integrity.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    What I'm saying is that they could have and should have slammed the door well before that play even had to matter. When you leave it up to the refs, you put yourself in a situation where something like this can happen.
    That's just not how it works. Those guys on the other side of the ball are getting paid too.

It was a bad call. Joe shouldn't have said anything.

These refs are horrible, but there is nothing to be gained by a player talking about how horrible they are.

Nothing.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I can look at this situation from both angles that are being thrown out here and both are correct. Here's the thing...some tough games are just going to be a grind 'em out, very close game even playing at our best so, yes, sometimes the ref's call (good or bad) CAN be the game changer and the difference between a win and a loss. In the Eagles game, at the end of the day whether we played piss poor or not, that TD would have put us in the win column and that's what mattered. Yeah, we would have moaned about the way they played but we would have been happy eeking out the win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    It was a bad call. Joe shouldn't have said anything.

These refs are horrible, but there is nothing to be gained by a player talking about how horrible they are.

Nothing.
    It's nothing to lose either.

Yea Flacco was wrong for calling out the Refs.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-fantasy-team/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post

“During the game, they made like a bad call or something, the ref, and I see Ray Lewis like pump his chest up, trying to scare him,” LeSean McCoy told 94WIP’s Anthony Gargano and Ike Reese on the 94WIP Player’s Lounge on Monday. “Don’t you know [the ref] started stuttering? I’m like ‘what’s this?!’”
    Ha! Wow...

Blog Entries

Cromartie was holding on for dear life the entire game.

FUCK Billick. Joe was right.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post

Jeezus k-rist!