Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
Uh, no.

How does your logic even make sense? First of all, what I think of the tuck rule has nothing to do with intentional grounding- they're two separate topics- I just told you what I think.

2nd- I have no problem with the definition of "intentional grounding" Was Vick "avoiding a sack"- absolutely. Receiver in the area- no. outside the tackles- probably not- and even if he was, did it reach the line of scrimmage- no. Therefore = INTENTIONAL GROUNDING

just b/c I don't LIKE the tuck rule doesn't mean that I said they interpereted it incorrectly. So again, what's the point of asking the question?

And how does your argument have any logic?
You are arguing that you don't like the rule because as Haloti just posted it is in the rule book. That is the tie in.

Just because you don't like the rule because you don't agree with it doesn't mean that what you are saying is correct.

Common sense says that if a guy is getting hit in the process of throwing the ball forward, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE...IMPOSSIBLE to assume he was throwing it to a particular spot. Why don't you go out in your back yard, get 2 of your neighbors with you. Have one stand 20 yards away and throw him the ball. Now have the second neighbor take a running start and hit you in your chest right as your arm starts to move forward and see how close you can get the ball you the guy standing 20 yards away. I bet you don't come close and some of the hits, you'd not be able to get the ball 5 yards.

Thanks to Haloti...I'll repost it in bold

Item 2: Physical Contact. Intentional grounding should not be called if:
(a) the passer initiates his passing motion toward an eligible receiver and then is significantly affected
by physical contact from a defensive player that causes the pass to land in an area that is not in the
direction and vicinity of an eligible receiver; or
(b) the passer is out of the pocket, and his passing motion is significantly affected by physical contact
from a defensive player that causes the ball to land short of the line of scrimmage.