Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

486 Yards of Offense

When is the last time a Ravens defense allowed almost 500 yards of offense against them?

Re: 486 Yards of Offense

It's flacco's fault!!!!

The signs for this being a defense that we wouldn't recocnize has were there since the preseason.

We have 2 of the biggest CB's in the league, but instead of utilizing their size to jam, we have them play 10 fucking yards off the ball where agile WR's have a pretty clear advantage.

Obviously, the pass rush was awful today. I was willing to give them somewhat of a pass last week as Dalton was consistently getting rid of the ball quickly.

Vick consistently was able to hold the ball for 4+ seconds just waiting for guys to get open against our slow LB's.

I will say that we did a better job against the run today than I initially thought we would...we didn't shut them down, but we didn't really get gashed.

But I think it's obvious that this isn't the Ravens defense we are accustomed to seeing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
    It's flacco's fault!!!!
    You've got it wrong, everything is Cams fault.

Those 3 man rushes and plain vanilla looks are worriesome. Brady is one of the best at post snap reads and he's coming off a loss. Hope they do some schemin'

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I wonder if Pees is rushing 3 because he feels that the his outside linebackers have such a small chance at getting through that they might as well do other things. Might be time to work out Andre Carter

Looks like we gave up 483 in that first Bengals game last year for whatever that's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Those 3 man rushes and plain vanilla looks are worriesome. Brady is one of the best at post snap reads and he's coming off a loss. Hope they do some schemin'
    Defensive play calling was garbage. Period.

No pass rush depth, terrible D coordinator, CB's playing 10 yds off...eagles were able to take our WR mostly out of the game by pressing but I guess that's a bad strategy according to our D coor.

They needed to rush more, they rushed 3 to often and whenever they rushed 4 or more Vick was under pressure and got hit or was not able to do anything.

The problem with Big CBs jamming smaller WRs is they are quick and if they beat it they are alone and sometimes without a safety nearby.

Keep in mind Smith is 6 ft. Boldin is 6 ft 1.5 and Jones is 6 ft 2.

Phillys WRs are 5 ft 10 at best. so harder to play press but they were not the ones who burnet us it was the TE who was left wide open because the LBs were to concerned about Vick. It takes 1 LB to spy on him not 3

The tpye WRs with speed you Jam are the bigger ones (Green, Wallace, A. Johnson, H Nicks, D Bryant) as the CB has more body to work with.

if you try to jam a 5 ft 10 speedster and he gets around you its a big play.

Look at the numbers on Macklin and Jackson aside from one deep ball to jackson on VERY tight coverage on a perfect throw they were contained.

It was the lack of running players at Vick not lack of pass rush as we were not even rushing at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Well, trotting the offense out for another 3 & out never helps.

12. Re: 486 Yards of Offense

Yeah and when we did happen to rush, we seemed to frazzle Vick. Those stunts were effective, don't know why we just stopped.