Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,452 of 1468
    Blog Entries

Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No he didn't.

Despite all the shit that happened in that game, he had a chance to win it when needed.

He was awful on that final drive.
    Okay, and where was the D on THEIR final drive?

Yeah.

Exactly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Snapping the ball with about 15-20 seconds on the play clock vs huddling and then snapping the ball with the play clock at about 8 seconds is certainly a large variance in tempo, wouldn't you say? Secondly, by not huddling and lining up immediately it forced the Eagles to leave their guys out there and not substitute players nearly as much...ergo, their D got tired a lot quicker.

So, no, I think you were watching the game that supports the "Corey/Leachisabeast/I hate Flacco" argument where everything (regardless of whether or not the defense was on the field) is either entirely Flacco's fault, Harbaugh's fault, or some combination of that.

I get it. You guys say the same thing every week.

Trying to define a win or a loss in absolutes is almost always going to miss things. For example, you claim Flacco missed a wide open Pitta in the end zone, but you fail to even recognize that Derek Landri (Eagles DT) was a free runner right at Flacco and forced Flacco to throw off of his back foot. Almost any QB who can't step into a throw is going to lose a significant amount of accuracy and power.

Oh, give me a break. I've said on more than one occasion that the defense was terrible today. And when Flacco plays well, I always give him his due credit. I am just not a Flacco apologist. When he sucks like he did today, I say so. I don't sit around blaming everybody except him when he was quite clearly part of the problem.

3. Re: Week 2 Game Thread

No he didn't.

Despite all the shit that happened in that game, he had a chance to win it when needed.

Its 3 and 2 and you have 2 timeouts....why the hell are throwing for and more importantly why are you lining up in shotgun on both snaps so that the team on the otherside of the field knows exactly what your doing....Thats just as much Cam as anyone. Should Joe have managed to get the 1st...ya but frankly Cam does not put him in the best position to do so. Dammit everyone and their mother knew that last play was going to Rice....
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

did joe throw bad passes to open receivers? no. no one was open. did joe have enough time to go through his reads. no the the rush was in his face all game long.

No he didn't.

He threw a 25 yard TD strike to Jones that was called back on a bullshit penalty. If we don't get screwed on that play, we're ahead 30-17 and we have no idea how the game shakes out from there. We would certainly be well positioned to win it.

Yes, he was bad on the final drive. But if we could judge a performance based on one series, a whole lot of former Ravens offensive linemen, wide receivers, defensive linemen, linebackers, and defensive backs would be out on the street tomorrow looking for new jobs.

No he didn't.

He played what was given to him - his throws could ahve been better.

but he did not choose those plays. was that his fault too?

did not think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post

Yeah.

Exactly.
    absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Oh, give me a break. I've said on more than one occasion that the defense was terrible today. And when Flacco plays well, I always give him his due credit. I am just not a Flacco apologist. When he sucks like he did today, I say so. I don't sit around blaming everybody except him when he was quite clearly part of the problem.
    no one is blaming anybody else.

like i said earlier, everyone played poorly, but let's not all get against joe because that's a natural tendency for some of us...

Flacco laid an egg today for sure but the bigger, and perhaps fatal, problem is Cam. Anybody who goes to the shotgun and passes on third and 2 over and over when your RB is averaging 8-9 yds a pop, is an idiot. He totally abandoned last week's gameplan and went back to the same old crap that lost us games like this in the past. On the other side, Pees' strategy looks just like Mattison's. No exotic blitzes or formations and 3 man rushes on third and long. If we play like this next week, NE will tear us a new a-hole, especially after losing to Ariz today.

How does one lead the team to 23 points and "lay an egg"? His second half was rough, as was the entire offense. But this was not an egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post

Yeah.

Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    He threw a 25 yard TD strike to Jones that was called back on a bullshit penalty. If we don't get screwed on that play, we're ahead 30-17 and we have no idea how the game shakes out from there. We would certainly be well positioned to win it.

Yes, he was bad on the final drive. But if we could judge a performance based on one series, a whole lot of former Ravens offensive linemen, wide receivers, defensive linemen, linebackers, and defensive backs would be out on the street tomorrow looking for new jobs.
    Despite ALL that happened.

Did we or did we not have a chance to win the game on our last possession and maybe the last possession of the game?

I may have been watching the game, but I am pretty sure we had the ball 1st and 10 on our 20 with almost 2 full minutes left.

We needed 50 yards for a good shot at a FG.

We gained 26 yards, one first down, another first on a short penalty and our QB went 2-7 and we couldn't even cross midfield.

So despite the defense stinking, the bad ref calls, Joe had a chance to at least give our kicker a shot, and we didn't get anywhere close.

Look, I like Joe, and it's not like I'm running him out of town or anything. And sure, if some other things happened, we probably win the ballgame.

But those things happened. And we still had a shot to win. Failed.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Flacco laid an egg today for sure but the bigger, and perhaps fatal, problem is Cam. Anybody who goes to the shotgun and passes on third and 2 over and over when your RB is averaging 8-9 yds a pop, is an idiot. He totally abandoned last week's gameplan and went back to the same old crap that lost us games like this in the past. On the other side, Pees' strategy looks just like Mattison's. No exotic blitzes or formations and 3 man rushes on third and long. If we play like this next week, NE will tear us a new a-hole, especially after losing to Ariz today.
    He scored one, and arguably the second (which was not called - incorrectly so) would have made any other Philly TD (i.e. the Mike Vick one) moot.

Completing enough (read: not great but enough - before the haters get their blood rising at the mere idea of someone actually rooting for their QB....) to score 23 points.

It is not an egg. No matter how you slice it...

The egg was the playcalling. The final drive was mindless - calling for long shots when we have 2 timeouts and were actually moving it better with the shorter throws.

That was not on Joe, unfortunately for some, it really was not on him.

If you want to hate on him so bad, then so be it.

But people, please kindly do not be trying to formulate some illogical "reasonings" behind it - as it is foolish to do so.

Blog Entries

Oh, yea, in case folks here missed it...Flacco was injured on one of the many times he was hit today.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oh, yea, in case folks here missed it...Flacco was injured on one of the many times he was hit today.
    I'm guessing injuries doesn't affect play either... (according to some)....