Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Goose wanted Bisciotti to choose Rex over Harbs

I don't think we'd be the circus that the Jets are...Tannenbaum is doing whatever he can to keep his job so he is willing to take on as many risks as possible, and Woody Johnson wants all the attention and fans that the Giants have as they are the stepchild of New York.

No way Ozzie takes the risks their GM does or Steve goes whoring his team out for headlines like Woody Johnson is.

While Rex surely would be the arrogant coach that he is, I don't think there is any way we don't have him put a muzzle on at times.

Frankly, I think Rex would have had just as much success as John.

That doesn't mean that John was the wrong choice though...just saying that I think Rex would have had a lot of success here as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I can't say a negative word about the guy. I was at that TN game when he was carried off the field on a stretcher and things looked bad. Second half my son and I noticed he was back in the freakin game. What a baller
    Gannon would agree with that. How can anyone here diss Goose especially after he jumped on Gannon's arm and ruined him and that was after McCreary's hit. He hit Gannon's shoulder first then Goose finished him.

Big Al was pissed at that and thought he was going to SB 35.
    Goose was fined $10,000 but I
    think Art paid it. He said he was
    going to. He looked out for his players.

We haven't been back since Goose left. What a line of Goose, Sam Adams and Mike McCreary. That started the trend to put huge bodies in the middle of the line
    with Adams. No where to run.

No wonder we can't get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    We haven't been back since Goose left. What a line of Goose, Sam Adams and Mike McCreary. That started the trend to put huge bodies in the middle of the line
    Gilbert Brown and the Fridge disagree!

Picture this. How many times would Rex Ryan allow a potent Ravens offense to ignore its' best weapon and go into a fetal position after the half? Answer: Not once. Rex would have had his foot so far up Cam's patoottie, he'd taste toe cheese for a year.Hiring " Yes Man " Harbaugh over a " Blue Collar " Rex Ryan was a huuuuuuge error.

Blog Entries

That reminds me of some stories when Rex was a defensive coach and an assistant one at that under
    Marvin and he kept kicking CAV in the ass like you
    said. There were some real fights or arguing and finger pointing between a certain d-coach and o-coach. Bisciotti knew about it of course and
    maybe that soured him on Rexy boy.

Then there was the day when Rex was interviewed for Billick's job. Of course that was just a professional courtsey move on the Ravens part. Everyone knew he wasn't getting the job but Rex parked in Billick's spot that said Head coach.
    That was after Rex came back from not getting
    the Atlanta job which went to Billick's brother in
    law Mike Smith and Rex said, I gotta learn how
    to bull shit these owners.

ILMAO

When informed in Cinci about parking in the lot, Marvin said, that's my
    Rexy boy. LOL
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-17-2012 at 06:22 PM.

I love Rex. Ina word.......ballz. That's what this team is missing.

Blog Entries

HARBs is OK for a YES MAN but he reminds me of Earl Weaver when he was arguing with the umps and Earl said, Im the only one here going to the HOF and the ump said, what for Earl, f*cking up all those world series. ILMAO

HARBs will go to the HOF too for f*cking up all these playoffs with all that talent Ozzie gave him.

I'd love to or I'd hate to see him coach Buffalo
    or KC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Gannon would agree with that. How can anyone here diss Goose especially after he jumped on Gannon's arm and ruined him and that was after McCreary's hit. He hit Gannon's shoulder first then Goose finished him.

Big Al was pissed at that and thought he was going to SB 35.
    Goose was fined $10,000 but I
    think Art paid it. He said he was
    going to. He looked out for his players.

No wonder we can't get back in.
    So a line of Haloti Ngata, Terrence Cody, and Arthur Jones isn't big?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    So a line of Haloti Ngata, Terrence Cody, and Arthur Jones isn't big?
    They may be as big but they certainly don't play as big. That 2000 line allowed 970 rushing yards against for the entire season. That's 60 yards a game. This group can't get anywhere near that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They may be as big but they certainly don't play as big. That 2000 line allowed 970 rushing yards against for the entire season. That's 60 yards a game. This group can't get anywhere near that.
    But Ngata is a better player than all of them IMO, but yeah collectively they were better in 2000.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    But Ngata is a better player than all of them IMO, but yeah collectively they were better in 2000.
    I disagree. Sam Adams had a monster year in 2000. Go back and look at some film. If he wasn't double teamed he was constantly in the backfield blowing up the play. Ngata at times is neutralized by single blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They are just as big and a lot more athletic. They just don't have the supporting cast in the linebacker corps or secondary. Ray Lewis isn't 25 years old any more.