The OFFICIAL (since Ravenboy2003 is asleep at the wheel) Ravens @ Eagles Prediction Thread

*Mods - I am aware that there is a prognostication subforum, but it doesn't seem to get much attention from the posters. Last week's thread only had a few posts and not many more views. I'd appreciate if you could see fit to leave it in the main forum through game day, then move it. Thanks.

Okay everyone, let's hear your predictions on how it goes this Sunday. Obviously the respective performances of the teams in Week 1 seems to favor us, but we all know how much things can change from week to week. Vick is such a wildcard that I don't know what to expect. Will a strong rush cause him to turn the ball over, or will he burn us with his feet and throws from out of the pocket? Will our pass rush be tepid, and will that help him or expose him as not a great pocket QB? Will Reid continue beind dumb in his play calling and pass 7-8 times for every run?

For some reason, this one worries me, and I'm not even really sure why, as I think Philly has shown over their last games that they're underacheivers. But I'm a little worried about our D. Philly 23, Ravens 21.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Re: The OFFICIAL (since Ravenboy2003 is asleep at the wheel) Ravens @ Eagles Prediction Thread

Just posted in another thread that I think the Ravens will have to score 28 to win this one. If they score less, I see it as a loss. I never predict a Ravens loss in one of these threads so just going to have faith and say

Ravens 30, Igles 27

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: The OFFICIAL (since Ravenboy2003 is asleep at the wheel) Ravens @ Eagles Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I never predict a Ravens loss in one of these threads so just going to have faith and say

Ravens 30, Igles 27
    well if thats the case youre still right more often than not. :D
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    well if thats the case youre still right more often than not. :D
    not too superstitious but don't want to risk it either ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I keep thinking of the momentum we had coming off last year's awesome week 1 win over the Steelers only to lay an egg in Tenn the very next week. This year the feeling is similiar with me. If the ravens secure the edge with McCoy and make Vick throw 30-40 times we win because sooner or later he's going to make a mistake.
    On offense we've got to throw a few wrinkles into what we did against the bengals because you can be sure the eagles are studying the film on that game. In other words continue to be creative and aggressive at the same time.
    Last but not least keep their poise. On the road the ravens are generally slow starters. We need to come out of the gate fast and punch them in the mouth. You can be sure the atmosphere will be electric. Is that too much to ask for?

I really don't know the Eagles. I know they get a lot of hype but it seems like they often struggle or have really ugly games. I think the Ravens win this one, but the Eagles will make it close. I think a blowout of the Eagles is a possibility, but I see no chance of the reverse happening. Harbaugh's Ravens are generally in every game.

PHI 23
    BAL 20

Hope I'm wrong ... obviously.

31-13 Ravens