Looking at our Offensive scoring drives

Was getting pretty nervous when Cinci Made it 17-13 in the third.
    We needed the offense to score and they did pretty fast which impressed me.
    Made me check out our drives.
    7 scoring drives total time 23:13.
    Total yards 432.
    Avg scoring drive was 61.7 yds in 3:19.
    Only had 2 possessions we didn't score on (not counting the kneel down to end first half.)
    My math ain't the greatest so I could be wrong but I checked it twice. :)

Blog Entries

Re: Looking at our Offensive scoring drives

Seven scoring drives. TDs in the red zone. Striking quick and striking slow.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    7 scoring drives total time 23:13.

Avg scoring drive was 61.7 yds in 3:19.
    I'm not complaining.... hell we had 7 scoring drives. But I would like to see a little more running the ball to chew up some clock. 3:19 is a fast scoring drive. But who knows... if we run, we may not score those points. But the D stepped up and clamped down when we needed. I wasn't convinced that our O was gonna come out in the 2nd half and continue with what they did in the 1st half.

Outside of the obvious domination from our Offense, I have to give a lot of credit to Dean Pees for his adjustments in the 2nd half and getting some pressure on Dalton.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Outside of the obvious domination from our Offense, I have to give a lot of credit to Dean Pees for his adjustments in the 2nd half and getting some pressure on Dalton.
    Which is incredibly typical for the Ravens. I swear it's like they play two different games in a day, the first half game and the second half game, and the second half game is almost always a great game. I think the first half is the 'see what they are doing and hold back the tide' part of the game then the second half is the 'die m-f'ers!' part.

Is it every time? No. Does it happen often enough for me note a trend? Yup.

I'm not complaining.... hell we had 7 scoring drives. But I would like to see a little more running the ball to chew up some clock. 3:19 is a fast scoring drive. But who knows... if we run, we may not score those points. But the D stepped up and clamped down when we needed. I wasn't convinced that our O was gonna come out in the 2nd half and continue with what they did in the 1st half.

I know what you mean and where you are coming from, but, IMO, after all the years of ball control run and game managing QB's, it was really refreshing seeing a pass-first offense. I for one love this new sugar offense, run or no run!
    ::Flacco Superstar::

I'm not complaining.... hell we had 7 scoring drives. But I would like to see a little more running the ball to chew up some clock.
    Yea but I'm thinking they went with until Cincy proves they could stop it.
    Might help Rice down the road as everybody can't key on him.
    Rice only had 10 carries,
    last year we had 4 games where he had 10 carries or less,we lost three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    I know what you mean and where you are coming from, but, IMO, after all the years of ball control run and game managing QB's, it was really refreshing seeing a pass-first offense. I for one love this new sugar offense, run or no run!
    I hear ya and I agree 100%... I just didn't believe what I was seeing... and I wasn't sure we could sustain it, drive after drive. I was still waiting for Joe to go into one of his "half-a-game-slumps". But yeah... I'll take 3min drives for TD's over 6 min. stalling drives resulting in 28 yrd FGs any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Might help Rice down the road as everybody can't key on him.
    Rice only had 10 carries,
    They over committed to Rice last night... He'll have some huge games when they start to over commit on the passing game!

I hear ya and I agree 100%... I just didn't believe what I was seeing... and I wasn't sure we could sustain it, drive after drive. I was still waiting for Joe to go into one of his "half-a-game-slumps". But yeah... I'll take 3min drives for TD's over 6 min. stalling drives resulting in 28 yrd FGs any day.
    LOL, I hear ya, it's what we have been conditioned to expect over the years...I felt exactly the same way but they kept coming out and driving and winning. Flacco's completion percentage really blew me away, what was he, 21 of 29?
    ::Flacco Superstar::