Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Officiating (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    Particularly in view of the fact that Joe's throws were off, to take away a perfectly thrown td and a well-thrown sideline pass by disgracefully bad calls was the difference between winning the game and being edged out of the win. The officiating was horrible.
    This.....really simple.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Doesn't matter.

Once you're outside the pocket, you the chuck the ball forward all you want.
    That is not correct, the ball still needs to cross the line of scrimmage, which on that play was the 1 yard line. The ball hit the ground at the 5 yard line with no receivers in the area and should have been intentional grounding.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/intentionalgrounding

Read the last section.

Quote Originally Posted by NCCRavensFan View Post
    That is not correct, the ball still needs to cross the line of scrimmage, which on that play was the 1 yard line. The ball hit the ground at the 5 yard line with no receivers in the area and should have been intentional grounding.

Read the last section.
    Read that again.

You made my argument for me.

Read the last section.
    Just going to post the same thing. Height of arrogance to act like you know all the rules before reading the actual rules...

Item 1: Passer or Ball Outside Tackle Position. Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer,
    who is outside, or has been outside, the tackle position throws a forward pass that lands at or beyond
    the line of scrimmage,
    even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including
    when the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or endline). If a loose ball leaves the area
    bordered by the tackles, this area no longer exists; if the ball is recovered, all intentional grounding
    rules apply as if the passer is outside this area.

Read the last section.
    Which is all pointless because they were reviewing the play as a fumble. They can't throw a new penalty flag while under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Which is all pointless because they were reviewing the play as a fumble. They can't throw a new penalty flag while under the hood.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Mod, nothing personal, but why would you merge a thread with one from last week's game?

Completely different animal.
    Because people were already starting to put game posts in here, along with 2 other threads.

Blog Entries

It sucked, both ways. we got the worst of it. Seeing how they got a TD on thier first drive partly becuase of a "roughing the passer".

Then the two pass interference calls that were called "illegal contact", shoulda had the ball at the 1 on that call Jacoby was interfered with in the endzone.

I'm not sure what's worse the bad or missed calls... or these guys don't fully understand the rules.

Exactly.
    I'll bite because a person like me thinks another person may just be deliberating misleading, failing to point to a relevant rule to justify a blanket conclusion (which you have already done once and proven wrong), simply to drive traffic. So fair enough, I suppose you are just doing your job.

10. Re: Officiating (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    Dan with all due respect, although Flacco was terrible, that has nothing to do with a really bad offensive pi call on Jones, an even worse defensive pi non-call when Torrey was trying to get under Joe's pass. Particularly in view of the fact that Joe's throws were off, to take away a perfectly thrown td and a well-thrown sideline pass by disgracefully bad calls was the difference between winning the game and being edged out of the win. The officiating was horrible.
    Read my post again. I was being sarcastic.

I see the bad calls acounting for at least 7 points and maybe 3 -7 more when you take into accou nt the intentional grounding non call (Vick was insuide the tackle box), the PI non call on the pass to Smith and the pushing off call on Jones.

In the end, Joe could have driven the team in range for a winning FG in the last minute if he hadn't been so inaccurate. They may have even handed off on 4th and 2 and caught everybody with their pants down with 52 secs and 2 TO's remaining. The refs did not absolutely lose us the game but they put us in position to. For the OP to say they had nothing to do with it just as ludicrous and that's why i was being sarcastic.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Doesn't matter.

Once you're outside the pocket, you the chuck the ball forward all you want.
    The ball still has to make it to the line of scrimmage. It did not.

Blog Entries

Oh... not to mention the TD they took away from Jacoby... yeah we got the worst of it.