The replays are almost completely irrelevant.

Many calls, like the OPI on Jones or the non-call on DPI immediately beforehand, or the failure to eject Cary Williams and Desean Jackson when they were throwing punches on the sideline, don't show up on a review of replays. Replays focus on whether a toe was out of bounds, or a knee was on the ground, or whatever.

The irritating thing the replacement refs do is they show very poor judgment about when to call what. I'm not saying the regular refs are all that great, maybe it's an impossible task, but the difference between a smoothly officiated game and an awkwardly officiated game will not show up in the number (or outcome) of the reviews.

It is not a coincidence that the regular refs would know where to spot the ball, and would know how many yards a team is penalized for holding. The regular refs would know those things, and would have a better sense of when it's right to throw the flag and when it's not.

Again, not saying the regular guys are perfect or close to it, and as I argued upthread the loaded gun in the face of the NFL is the danger of corruption.

But the kind of stuff that gets reviewed on replay is not the kind of stuff I expect the alternate refs to screw up.