Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Officiating (Merged Threads)

What did you guys think of the officials as it relates to what we normally get? There were a few questionable calls for sure but then again there almost always will be.

Slightly OT - they had a 'real' official in the booth and I thought it was funny that every time they asked him if the refs got it right he tried to make it look like they just blew a huge call. Agenda on full display

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Officiating

I thought it was pretty good, except for that atrocious call against Webb for his hit on Dalton.

We got a couple of gimmies, and we got hosed on a few. Kind of balanced out.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I thought it was pretty good, except for that atrocious call against Webb for his hit on Dalton.
    True dat. and some creative spots - mostly short - both ways. We won the challenge and the review of the Boldin TD. I thought replay reviews might be novel and thus potentially fucked-up experiences for the replacements.
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 09-11-2012 at 10:25 AM.

I think they were right in upholding the Boldin TD.

Remember, the standard is "irrefutable evidence" to overturn a call on the field. It was close, but I never saw an angle where the ball was touching the ground.

Again, I was at a bar with dozens of people so I certainly could have missed it.

Blog Entries

I kept looking at Boldin's TD. Clearly he lost control of the ball but I havent seen an angle that clearly shows the ball laying on the ground. It almost looks like he trapped it in his lap. The refs made the right call not to overturn that one. Whether it was a catch or not? Only Boldin knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I kept looking at Boldin's TD. Clearly he lost control of the ball but I havent seen an angle that clearly shows the ball laying on the ground. It almost looks like he trapped it in his lap. The refs made the right call not to overturn that one. Whether it was a catch or not? Only Boldin knows.
    That's what it looked like to me, the ball moves, but it seems his hand and arm are still under it. It may have very well touched the ground, but in no way could any of those replay angles confirm that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think they were right in upholding the Boldin TD.

Remember, the standard is "irrefutable evidence" to overturn a call on the field. It was close, but I never saw an angle where the ball was touching the ground.

Again, I was at a bar with dozens of people so I certainly could have missed it.
    No you're right.

He said the call stands, not the call was confirmed. So there was no evidence to the call on the field.

Overall I think they did a good job, some ticky tack stuff here and there but it did balance out.

I noticed the seem to let go a lot of the illegal contact, which I am happy about.

The NFL is now a joke

fuck these scabs

all the money fans pay and we deserve this

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    That was the worst call of the night from my viewpoint....and the Official's official in the broadcast booth was no better. Webb made the hit with his shoulder, not the head, besides - wherever you shoulders go, your head is only several inches away. Are we playing football or two hand touch?

Does anyone now think this is the level of incompetence they want out NFL refs? The spots have been shaky, they don't know basic rules of the game, and have been letting egregious penalties go throughout the game. Their performance has been laughable.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

r-title--
    When I was playing/managing soccer, I learned a valuable lesson from a wise and very good soccer player from across the Pond - whining about the officials is for losers. Not that your thread is doing that, and it should be noted that the Ravens WON! :D What bothered me the most were the (at least from my perspective) misplaced spots for both teams, at times appearing like they were off by two yards or so. One early 1st down by the Ravens looked pretty questionable, IMO.

OTOH, I tend to agree with both of your comments - there were some ??? calls, but overall not a "bad" performance from the refs, and it WAS funny listening to Jerry Mxyzptlk (or whatever his name was) in the booth telling us that Boldin defintiely didn't catch the TD pass and other myths. ;)