Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Don't blame the offense. Don't blame the defense. Blame the refs, and only the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    And what about the pass interference no-call when Torrey was being mugged? Joe was off for a lot of this game, but that ball was thrown well and would have been a td if caught and definitely a first down at the spot of the foul if not.
    Yes. That was another one I forgot about.

I was pretty pissed off this entire game because the calls were so one sided. If they were not, the score would not have even been close at the end.

Re: Officiating (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    How is the non intentional grounding call on the eagles last drive not worthy of questioning the officials?

You go from 3rd and goal on the 2 to 3rd and goal on the 12. Much, much different scenario.

They were pretty bad, but we ha a chance late in the game that we didn't execute.
    Vick was outside of the pocket. There is no grounding there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    I think Vick was out of the pocket and towards the sideline and that's why that wasn't intentional grounding. QB's always thrown it away in that situation and the rule says no IG. I think the rule should be changed but it is what it is.
    He was 2 feet from the left hash, definitely inside the tackle box and he threw it to his guard and tackle who were about 5 yds to his left lol.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I think Vick was out of the pocket and towards the sideline and that's why that wasn't intentional grounding. QB's always thrown it away in that situation and the rule says no IG. I think the rule should be changed but it is what it is.
    True but he was in the grasp of the defender...should've been called a sack. QB are not allowed to flick the ball forward to avoid a negative play while taking a sack.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: I havn't seen the Ravens get this screwed by the refs in a long time.

I hope the NFL does something about this. At the very least the "official" who robbed the Ravens of the game winning TD should be fired.
    That idiot didn't even throw a flag. He threw the bean bag...THE BEAN BAG.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Vick was not outside that pocket thats textbook intentional grounding......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Re: Don't blame the offense. Don't blame the defense. Blame the refs, and only the refs.

Regs were not good, but the Ravens were worse. The second to last pass of the game by Joe was awful.

Owners are too greedy, there won't be a deal until most of the teams lose one game because of the scabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    True but he was in the grasp of the defender...should've been called a sack. QB are not allowed to flick the ball forward to avoid a negative play while taking a sack.
    Doesn't matter.

Once you're outside the pocket, you the chuck the ball forward all you want.

I'll say it again. Vick was in the grasp of Ngata. Play should've been blown dead, ruled a sack. Would've been 3rd and goal from the 7.

Officials are to blow the play dead as soon as the quarterback is clearly in the grasp and control of any tackler, and his safety is in jeopardy.
    http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/protectionofpasser

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Doesn't matter.

Once you're outside the pocket, you the chuck the ball forward all you want.
    Doesn't say anything about being outside the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    Regs were not good, but the Ravens were worse. The second to last pass of the game by Joe was awful.
    didn't Joe had a game like that against Pitt 2 years ago? Horrible pass to Rice on 4th down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    You're right.
    Flacco was terrible. He has absolutely no business throwing at one of his recievers when the defender is hanging all over him. The Refs were correct on every call and a 7-14 point swing has absolutely nothing to do with a 1 run ball game.
    Dan with all due respect, although Flacco was terrible, that has nothing to do with a really bad offensive pi call on Jones, an even worse defensive pi non-call when Torrey was trying to get under Joe's pass. Particularly in view of the fact that Joe's throws were off, to take away a perfectly thrown td and a well-thrown sideline pass by disgracefully bad calls was the difference between winning the game and being edged out of the win. The officiating was horrible.