Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: I havn't seen the Ravens get this screwed by the refs in a long time.

Hey all,

Try to keep the officiating rants in here this week, so we can keep everything in one spot.

I rarely think the officials cost the Ravens a game, but today I believe they did. They took 4 points from the team which was the difference in winning and losing.

Yes, the team sucked today. But they had a touchdown there which was the difference.

And then not to call intentional grounding on Vick at the end of the game gave them an extra down.

Horrible HORRIBLE officiating.

2. Re: Officiating (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There was nothing in this game put of the ordinary from regular refs. Nothing.

The replacements called an even game and that's all you can ask for from officials.
    How is the non intentional grounding call on the eagles last drive not worthy of questioning the officials?

You go from 3rd and goal on the 2 to 3rd and goal on the 12. Much, much different scenario.

They were pretty bad, but we ha a chance late in the game that we didn't execute.

Re: Officiating (Merged Threads)

Bad thread, IMO.

I didn't see anything that puts this loss on the refs.
    There are a lot of calls that are subjective that someone can say went against the Ravens (especially the absurd PI call on Jones; and about 3 PI's that were instead called illegal contact), and I think on the merit of those alone it was pretty bad. However, the one that REALLY gets me is the Vick overturned fumble. He clearly doesn't fumble, but he also CLEARLY intentionally grounds it. The only people in 5 yard of that ball are Eagle OL's (and none particularly close). Vick is in the pocket, and the ball never makes it back to the line of scrimmage. It is TEXTBOOK intentional grounding. If they call that properly, it's 3 and goal from the 7 or 10, not the 1. They ignore the penalty when they overturn the fumble ruling and boom, Eagles walk it into the endzone. That's a game changing call, and I don't think it's at all subjective, anyone that watches the play and knows the rules would recognize it.

There was nothing in this game put of the ordinary from regular refs. Nothing.

The replacements called an even game and that's all you can ask for from officials.
    I don't know about that. They really botched a lot calls both ways. Not saying the Ravens loss because of the refs, but their head scratching calls definitely affected the game. No more so than the Vick incomplete/fumble play at the goal line.

Shouldn't the call have been that Vick was in the grasp on the defender and therefore a sack. Ngata has him wrapped up, driving him to the ground. I've seen this called numerous times before. A QB in the grasp of a defender taking a sack can't just flip the ball forward to avoid a negative play. I wonder if the regular refs would've caught that.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Mod, nothing personal, but why would you merge a thread with one from last week's game?

Completely different animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    How is the non intentional grounding call on the eagles last drive not worthy of questioning the officials?

You go from 3rd and goal on the 2 to 3rd and goal on the 12. Much, much different scenario.

They were pretty bad, but we ha a chance late in the game that we didn't execute.
    They called it a fumble in the ravens favor originally. Can they then retroactively call a grounding penalty after they reverse the fumble?

Re: I havn't seen the Ravens get this screwed by the refs in a long time.

The way the defense was playing they would've let Vick score without the extra down.

But the game was lost by that horrendous offensive pass interference call. I was jumping up saying TD and then it gets called back for a non-existent push off. That gives the Ravens a 10 point lead and almost certainly the game.

This is one of the worst called games I have ever seen and almost all the calls favored the Eagles. All those non-calls when the Eagles were committing pass interference. Finally we got a couple of illegal contact calls and those should have been pass interference.

I hope the NFL does something about this. At the very least the "official" who robbed the Ravens of the game winning TD should be fired.

Blog Entries

Re: Don't blame the offense. Don't blame the defense. Blame the refs, and only the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Nope, just the refs. We already played well enough to win when we took what should have been a 27-17 lead. I don't care what happened after that - we shouldn't be forced to win a game twice.
    Agreed. The pass interference no-call when Torrey was being mugged was horrible. Joe was off for a lot of this game, but that ball was thrown well and would have been a td if caught and definitely a first down at the spot of the foul if not.

Has there ever been a game with no defensive pi calls and an offensive pi cal

If I recall right all the PI calls on defense were really called as illegal contact yet they called a PI call on Jones in the end zone.
    has there ever been a game called like this before?????
    i hate blaming the refs but we got screwed here.

Bad thread, IMO.

I didn't see anything that puts this loss on the refs.
    You're right.
    Flacco was terrible. He has absolutely no business throwing at one of his recievers when the defender is hanging all over him. The Refs were correct on every call and a 7-14 point swing has absolutely nothing to do with a 1 run ball game.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Re: Officiating

Not going to weigh in on whether the calls were one-sided, but if you can't admit this was the worst officiated game you have ever seen in the NFL, you'll have to send me the tape. They lost complete control of the game with at least 6 different fights.

They repeatedly didn't know where to spot the ball. At least 5-8 times they had to huddle up to check, and re-check spots. They did not know the correct distance for an offensive pass interference. They called a fumble on Vick that was clearly an incomplete pass. And I don't know how Vick didn't have grounding called against him on that play when the ball didn't make it to the LOS. There were 2 Two minute warnings.

They repeatedly called Illegal Contact when the correct and only call could have been P.I. And they repeatedly missed holding and illegal contact. They made a borderline Offensive P.I. call where the defender didn't even see the ball. And there was zero consistency with how roughing the passer was being called.

This was amateur hour (or I suppose amateur 4:30 hours given how long the game took with all their mistakes) pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    There are a lot of calls that are subjective that someone can say went against the Ravens (especially the absurd PI call on Jones; and about 3 PI's that were instead called illegal contact), and I think on the merit of those alone it was pretty bad. However, the one that REALLY gets me is the Vick overturned fumble. He clearly doesn't fumble, but he also CLEARLY intentionally grounds it. The only people in 5 yard of that ball are Eagle OL's (and none particularly close). Vick is in the pocket, and the ball never makes it back to the line of scrimmage. It is TEXTBOOK intentional grounding. If they call that properly, it's 3 and goal from the 7 or 10, not the 1. They ignore the penalty when they overturn the fumble ruling and boom, Eagles walk it into the endzone. That's a game changing call, and I don't think it's at all subjective, anyone that watches the play and knows the rules would recognize it.
    I think Vick was out of the pocket and towards the sideline and that's why that wasn't intentional grounding. QB's always thrown it away in that situation and the rule says no IG. I think the rule should be changed but it is what it is.